Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 01:10 PM

Default I suck at poker - Part 2

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button ($71.70)
SB ($63.55)
BB ($8.93)
UTG ($50.72)
MP ($32.05)
Hero ($118.78)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.9</font>, SB calls $1.90, BB calls $1.90, UTG calls $1.90.

Turn: ($9.60) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.5</font>, BB calls $0.50, UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, SB folds, UTG calls all-in.

River: ($20.10) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $20.10
Old 12-08-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: I suck at poker - Part 2

Thats kinda messed up...I'm guessing BB is the one all-in, and UTG folded?

If thats the case I don't mind it, but only because he's shortstacked
Old 12-08-2005, 01:33 PM

I don't like the turn raise. I'd probably just call. If an 8 falls try to see a cheap showdown otherwise check/fold.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the turn raise. I'd probably just call. If an 8 falls try to see a cheap showdown otherwise check/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are calling a .50 bet into a $10 pot on that turn with TP? It is PAINFULLY obvious that SB is drawing and wants to do so cheaply, so your solution is to let him? Nobody in this hand appears to like their hands much...if someone in here liked it they'd raise the turn before it got to you. Hero has a decent chance of having the best hand here. Maybe he should go somewhere like 2/3 pot with the raise but I think a raise is clearly in order here.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:56 PM

what's this cheezy I suck at poker stuff?
Old 12-08-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are calling a .50 bet into a $10 pot on that turn with TP? It is PAINFULLY obvious that SB is drawing and wants to do so cheaply, so your solution is to let him? Nobody in this hand appears to like their hands much...if someone in here liked it they'd raise the turn before it got to you. Hero has a decent chance of having the best hand here. Maybe he should go somewhere like 2/3 pot with the raise but I think a raise is clearly in order here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right about SB, but for some reason I'd be unsure on the turn that my hand is good. Might be the 3 callers of the pot sized flop bet, but I'd be skeptical of my holding. I could likely be wrong here.

I do like your line about a 2/3 pot sized raise if your going to raise it here. If you think your hand is good then you should raise it here.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:18 PM

what is this man, I think you need a turn-around in your mentality. I just read two hands with the subject lines I Suck At Poker, parts one and two. The first hand you didn't raise in a spot where you could have, bet weakly on the flop and handed your opponenet 2 extra dollars when he raised and you called, having no idea where you were, then making the inevitable fold on the turn. In the second hand, limping in like that when there is also a UTG limper is really a losing play IMO. Most of the time you flop top or middle pair and pay off the big pairs, or flop a draw that you can't semi-bluff with, and still end up losing most of the time anyway. If you raise pre-flop, you know where you are at, and you establish position. If you are re-raised by the UTG limper, you can always fold the $2. You limped, flopped TPMK and could not let it go when it looked like you were pretty much beat to slowplayed 99, AA, KK, or QQ, maybe even JJ. You played two hands less than optimally, beat yourself up for it, posted that you suck at poker and put up a couple weak plays for discussion. Stop beating yourself up, focus on your opponents more and be more aggressive, is what I say to this poster.