Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Re: IP offer - misleading?

I don't think her face will light up if I tell her "boogerface" said hi. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

We have worked very hard to make it one of the most player-friendly tournaments at its buy-in level. Feedback from players that played in our previous tournaments have taught us that players want more chips to start out, longer blind levels, and a slower blind structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

So how long are the blind levels? (I looked at IP's website but couldn't find the info.) What is the structure like? Finally what is the special room rate?

Thanks,

Mike
Old 11-09-2005, 09:26 AM

Tell her Matt from Boston says hi.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:51 PM

Anyone know if they're running satellites for this tournament? My brother and me will be in town that week/weekend and are interested in some sat's.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:55 PM

Are you running satellites to get into this event? if so, can you please give me a schedule of when they are running? I'll be in town on the 25th-29th. thanks

pkudela@verizon.net
Old 11-09-2005, 04:59 PM

The last tournament we had, we ran single table satellites as well as super satellites the few days leading up to that event. If we sell the event out in advance (500 or 600 players), we will not be running satellites. I will put the satellite schedule out a few weeks in advance, pending the turnout.
The last tournament had around 465 players enter.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:02 PM

Matt,
I have been told Angela has moved to the "dealertainers" pit and is portraying Madonna.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:06 PM

Mike,
I don't have that information in front of me, but the blind levels will likely be 40 minutes long (as opposed to 30 minutes last time). I would like to start at $25-$25, but that will depend on the projected eliminations (we run the tournament in two flights the first day and need to consolidate the field on the second day because of space restraints).
The room rates for tournament players are $49 during the week and $69 on the weekend for the dates of the event. That is the base rate, not including any comp dollars you may earn which can be used towards your room (all cash game poker players currently earn $3/hour in our room).