Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2003, 06:14 PM

Default Time to fix the board again...

This thing is slower than molasses - on both my T-1 connection at the office and my cable modem at the house.

Often times I'm finding that clicking on a link to a forum or a post has to be done twice for the board to even accept it. Strange.

When it does, it literally takes several seconds to think about it then show me the new page. The graphics then take another several seconds to load behind it, if they even do.

Does this have anything to do with the banner ads? I'm not sure how you can do it - but perhaps you should consider designing the pages so that the banner code loads AFTER the content of the page. It appears that in some cases the banner ads are taking a while to load and in doing so slows down the rest of the page.

I dunno - all I know is that the forum is terribly slow and has been for several days. I really feel bad for you folks on dialup.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Time to fix the board again...

ahh....I'm glad I'm not alone. I've been re-booting my cable modem every 30 minutes trying to speed things up. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2003, 12:40 AM

i will say that it is very fast for me,no delay at all.......time to upgrade dude.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:18 AM

Often times I'm finding that clicking on a link to a forum or a post has to be done twice for the board to even accept it. Strange.

I have experienced this as well.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:04 AM

I don't have any problem at home or at the office with the same connectivity you have (actually T-3 at work). If the banner ads might be a problem you should try Ad Muncher v4.4, www.admuncher.com. It is a really good pop up and ad blocker.
Old 03-25-2003, 12:42 PM

I just got DSL and my only complaint is that now 2+2 is too fast. I can barely get my cereal down before the milk curdles, what with hardly any delays between forums and threads.
Old 03-25-2003, 01:25 PM

dont put lemon in with your cocoa puffs and the milk wont curdle. plus its impolite to type while eating.

btw- i thought everyone uses rice or soy milk since they let the farmers give bovine growth hormone to the cows just to get an extra 15% yield. it tastes better than milk after you use it once or twice and get accustomed to it.
plua ir comes in cardboard containers and can be stored a long time without refridgeration before opening.
Old 03-25-2003, 04:40 PM

Will it work in coffee?
Old 03-26-2003, 06:53 PM

sure it works anyplace milk does. i even make ice cream with it. the rice milk is a little sweeter than the soy. get organic though. its better for you. you can get small packages(about 1/2 pint) or get larger. try both and see what your tastes are. you need to give it a fair go though, as it takes a few times to develop the different taste.
also its makes better pudding than milk. they have it in all markets nowadays not just organic produce departments.