Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2003, 03:16 PM

Default Re: PP $1/2 - Now I remember why I don\'t play online...

Paradise is just one place that uses the secret turbo; it creates higher fluctuations for rake purpose, the result being that you lose a lot and win a lot. In my experience it's otherwise fair in the long run. If you don't like that kind of turbo play, and like to pay less rake, that is however more or less compensated by a faster earn/lose rate, use other places that offer nonturbo games. Pokerstars might also offer turbo games, but my experience is too limited to know yet. Some places might use them more mildly, keeping the games more close to normal feel.
Old 02-11-2003, 03:20 PM

Hand 1 - I don't understand the pre-flop reraise with pocket tens. You aren't going to get anybody out with hands that are overcards to yours like AK, AQs, etc or a better pocket pair so you are basically limiting the field to hands that have a strong possibility to be better than your holding and crippling your pot odds for flopping a set. There are many overcards than can come out on the flop that could kill your tens particularly since there are 3 early position players ahead of you, one of which is a preflop raiser which marks him for a stong hand.

Hand 2 - should've raised the flop. All three flop cards are in a playing zone plus there are two suited cards. gotta play it fast and hard on the flop.

my $.02
Old 02-11-2003, 03:23 PM

"Paradise is just one place that uses the secret turbo; it creates higher fluctuations for rake purpose, the result being that you lose a lot and win a lot. In my experience it's otherwise fair in the long run. If you don't like that kind of turbo play, and like to pay less rake, that is however more or less compensated by a faster earn/lose rate, use other places that offer nonturbo games. Pokerstars might also offer turbo games, but my experience is too limited to know yet. Some places might use them more mildly, keeping the games more close to normal feel."

???

Is this to imply that their random card generator is, well, something less than random? Are you saying they admit this? If so, why oh why would anyone ever play there? Or is this just a conspiracy theory of yours?

I would be immensely surprised if this is the case. Any short term bump in the rakes would be counter balanced by a whole sale abandoning of the site if enough people ran an analysis on 50,000 hands or so showing that the card distribution is whacked.

That said, it seems like every time I hear about a site having fishy distribution (i.e. "I got 3 four-of-a-kinds in 10 hours of play"), it is Paradise. While I think the chances that they would screw with it are very poor, I avoid the site for the appearance of impropriety plus the fact that everyone says the games are tightest there.
Old 02-11-2003, 05:42 PM

Default Results...

Hand 1:

Player shows As Kc for the nut flush.

Hand 2:

Player shows Qs Tc for the flopped straight.