Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 12-18-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Limp YES!, uh-oh, YES!!

Here is a roller-coaster of a hand. Sixth street had me off-balance. Does seat 5 really hava straight on fifth? Advice on these and other streets welcome. I didn't have much of a read on the other players. I was developing an impression that seat 3 was OK, but a bit on the passive side.

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in

4th Street - (2.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

5th Street - (5.35 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises

6th Street - (13.35 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (16.35 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises

Total pot: (22.35 BB)
Old 12-18-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Limb, YES!, uh-oh, YES!!

"Limb"?

I would be sorely tempted to flat call on fourth so that you can raise the field on fifth. It's fairly likely that AK will be first to act on fifth.

I see no reason to check sixth. Nice hand.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:29 PM

Title now edited to say limp. You don't really expect people to play poker and spell properly at the same time do you? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2005, 01:59 PM

I agree with the 4th st call and because it puts you in likely great position for the BB raise on 5th.

On 6th, I also would bet and call if Seat 1 raised. If Seat 3 raised, I'd get that sick feeling and fold.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On 6th, I also would bet and call if Seat 1 raised. If Seat 3 raised, I'd get that sick feeling and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cannot disagree more. No way you can fold a pot that size on sixth, when you hold trips.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Cannot disagree more. No way you can fold a pot that size on sixth, when you hold trips.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would your read of Seat 3 be? Mine is Ts full. I think the right call would be to fold except against the maniacally aggressive.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What would your read of Seat 3 be? Mine is Ts full. I think the right call would be to fold except against the maniacally aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the potential flush doesn't raise then seat 3 does not need to be full to raise here. The obvious hands are trip tens and tens full, but it could just be queens up. Heroic folds cost money generally, I find.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:32 PM

I think you are reading the hand wrong - Seat 3 folded 6th before we had to call a bet.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:37 PM

Well, OK, I s'pose I would call the Villain I find foolhardy enough to have called the 2 BBs at 5th with a pair of Ts or Qs.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are reading the hand wrong - Seat 3 folded 6th before we had to call a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Understood, it was a conjecture.