Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2005, 03:44 AM

Default Re: Playing the suited image hands

I love playing connectors in late position. Often times you can pick up a small pot just by virtue of your aggressiveness and position. Also, it helps you get action on your good hands if people see you raising junk. If you want to simply fold them, there's nothing wrong with that, I just have a very loose style of play.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:33 AM

Default Re: Playing the suited image hands

In hand 1, Q2s, how much would you bet on the coordinated flop if you had a made hand like AJ? I think you would bet more than half of the pot. I'd bet more to represent this, and increase the folding equity.

I don't like the bet on the river. Was it a bluff, or a value bet? I can't tell. I don't think someone with a king will fold. What worse hands will call?

In hand 2, 92s, you should bet the turn. Someone with a high heart (and only 7 outs) will call something then, but not after missing. Or, you could bet enough to push someone with a high heart out. These are both better than checking behind.

In hand 3, 65o, I think you should bet the flop. You have a gutshot and perhaps 6 pairing outs. It's pretty likely that you will simply get the pot without a fight. If you get check-raised by the big blind, you can call with a gutshot at the nuts, position, and a lot of money behind. You'll have to fold if check-raised a substantial amount by the short stacked small blind, though.

You should bet the river. You will get paid off by a 5 or worse much more frequently than you will lose to a flush who didn't bet. Someone may call with just a pair of aces.