Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: True/false re page 107 of SS2
True 64 90.14%
False 7 9.86%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2005, 05:13 PM

Default How much to bet?

Maybe this is a stupid poll, I dont know. However it seems that for betting there are many different strategies. Some always bet 2/3 pot, some always full pot, some even slight overbets and some like me who bluff much always 1/2 pot. I'm sure that varying bet size depending on flop texture has some benefits, however it is easy to give away reads that way.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: How much to bet?

it is situational. more so on the turn and river.

I like to overbet with overpairs on all underflop though, makes it look like missed AK and when I inevitably get minraised, I get more money in.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I like to overbet with overpairs on all underflop though, makes it look like missed AK and when I inevitably get minraised, I get more money in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't that just make it easier to double up someone who flopped a set?
Old 05-30-2005, 05:24 PM

The guy with a lower overpair or somebody who hits his QJ on a J 8 4 flop most of the time check behind on the turn or river or makes small bets.

Are you saying I should fold overpair everytime to flop minraise?

most of the time, the flop minraise on under flops are TP looking to gain info on whether you are continuation betting.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:31 PM

I generally like to keep the pot small with overpairs, especially out of position. I don't see a large number of hands you beat (other than smaller overpairs) calling an overbet on a ragged flop. In my experience, the same hands that will fold to an overbet will also fold to a smaller bet on a reasonably nonthreating board. If people with JT will throw money at you on a T-high flop, by all means overbet as often as possible [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't that just make it easier to double up someone who flopped a set?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Ghazban. Overbetting the pot only makes it easy for your opponent to make the correct play. I think "provocation bets" are fine, but should be read-dependent rather than the standard play.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:42 PM

it really depends on how you've been playing missed overcards.

I find that a lot of players like to check minraise or minraise if they are behind you when they suspect you on a continuation bet.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:08 PM

i think your really cutting yourself short of a lot of your tools if u always bet the same way on and post flop, i think u have to keep it read dependent to get the most value and info. on the other hand i love raising the same amount pre-flop with any hand im gonna raise with this way if im getting respect i can take a 4-5s heads up in position with a disguise and if im getting a lot of action they'll have no idea i have rockets but i may be wrong to do this.