Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Curtains hand #4

[ QUOTE ]
If I made this play it wouldn't be because I was hoping to have FE on the flop -- who's gonna fold for 280 more in a 1425 pot??! - but because I was hoping that my having chips behind would encourage one of the Villains to bet & maybe fold out the other Villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah basically this is true...I wanted to go one on one somehow. Althogh the problem is that if someone bets, they often will have my 88 beaten unless I have a set. But I suppose there are rare times where this wont be the case. Overall I felt like the slightly increased chance of getting headsup was worth the extra 200 chips in case I should have the best hand at the end. I dont think it makes a big difference though.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I made this play it wouldn't be because I was hoping to have FE on the flop -- who's gonna fold for 280 more in a 1425 pot??! - but because I was hoping that my having chips behind would encourage one of the Villains to bet & maybe fold out the other Villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh...hadn't really ever thought of that.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:25 PM

btw there is also the chance that Im behind but it gets checked down and I save 280 chips. For example lets say the flop comes AK5 and they have QQ+JJ. Good chances it gets checked all the way to the river, and those 280 chips have serious value.

Just felt like there were a lot of rare things that may happen to give flat calling value over moving allin.