Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 12-21-2005, 02:23 AM

Default POKER SOURCE ONLINE TREATS NEW CUSTOMERS POORLY

I am new to online poker, and last saturday I decided to sign up at poker source online at the urging of my brothers fiance. She referred me to poker source online because they have great sign up bonuses. She also told me to be certain to use the upgrade code psodec so that I could get 9000 points instead of the normal 6000 points. I have never signed up for a poker room before and I made a mistake during the account sign up. I accidentally typed PSODSC instead of PSODEC. I asked PSO if they could fix this for me because I am a new customer. Their response made me angry. This is a response that MIKEJ posted in there public forum.

"So as an adult you want to take no responsibility for yourself? Since you signed up at 10:53am, but didn't post about your mistake until 4:18pm, over 5 hours later..... my guess is that you didn't know about the upgrade when you signed up and read about it after you signed up. Now you are trying to get credit for something that you either a) didn't know about when you signed up or b) didn't follow the directions to get. You can call this poor customer service if you like; that is your right. However, the fact remains that we have responded to your posts in a timely manner and the bottom line is it would actually be poor customer service to give you the upgrade. The directions couldn't be clearer and we have never given credit to customers after the fact. Giving you credit would be a disservice to them."

He's accusing me of lieing to them in a public forum. I wander if this is how PSO treats all of there new customers. Do they think that all of there customers are out to cheat them.
Please check my posts at the following link. http://www.pokersourceonline.com/for...ic.php?t=18901

I don't hate PSO, but I think that they should treat their customers with respect.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:05 AM

Default Re: POKER SOURCE ONLINE TREATS NEW CUSTOMERS POORLY

I sense that MikeJ is calling you out on taking responsibility of your making two, not one, errors in improperly filling out the bonus code information. I haven't done a promo there for a while, but the instructions are pretty explicit regarding filling the correct information, iirc.

Now, assuming you are/were successfully tracked with PSO with the poker room in question, I can't really see a reason they cannot credit you with the PSO points.

The simple thing to do would be to take your business elsewhere.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:12 AM

meatkeg,

If you are going to post about our poor customer service it would be nice to include the whole thead which can be found below....

http://www.pokersourceonline.com/for...ic.php?t=18901

You should also include the link to the promo code instructions which can be found here...

http://www.pokersourceonline.com/for...ic.php?t=18233

On this page you will find the text " We will not add promo codes to any promotions where you forgot to enter the code or mistyped the code." It has been PSO's policy from day one not to update a code after the fact for any reason. That is the only way to be fair to everyone.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:31 AM

In most businesses if the customer makes a small mistake exceptions can be made. Sadly this is not PSO's policy. I asked for an exception. PSO said no. I guess I can live with that move on and use other extra bonus sites. What really irks me is that they said in a public forum that I was a liar. That is wrong. They can deny me a promo but they should never say things like that about a customer. Once again I will copy and paste what was said about me by MIKEJ of PSO "So as an adult you want to take no responsibility for yourself? Since you signed up at 10:53am, but didn't post about your mistake until 4:18pm, over 5 hours later..... my guess is that you didn't know about the upgrade when you signed up and read about it after you signed up. Now you are trying to get credit for something that you either a) didn't know about when you signed up or b) didn't follow the directions to get. You can call this poor customer service if you like; that is your right. However, the fact remains that we have responded to your posts in a timely manner and the bottom line is it would actually be poor customer service to give you the upgrade. The directions couldn't be clearer and we have never given credit to customers after the fact. Giving you credit would be a disservice to them."

If you think that this a proper way for a business to treat a customer please support poker source online. If you think, as I do, that this is wrong I urge you to take your business elsewhere.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:31 AM

I am a PSO member and I have had no problems with them. I know they are strict that if you don't follow the directions EXACT then you will have problems but they are stated so you can't blame them whether your new or not, its the rules and the way it goes. If you bend them for one then you must bend them for all.

edit: meat, my guess is that other people have tried to get away with some things and one rotten apple ruins it for the rest, as unfortunate as it is, thats the way it goes
Old 12-21-2005, 03:36 AM

I managed to do mine without a typo(wink wink!!) And
seems like I remember them saying make sure you got it
right before you submit.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:51 AM

Please tell me where Mike called you a liar?

Here is what I see as a timeline of your posts on PSO

- You post that you messed up the bonus code and ask us to apply it for you

- Peter tells you that we don't do that

- You tell us "It is the christmas season" and to make an exception for you (because you’re are special I guess).

- Mike wrote what I believe is a cordial post and explains the backup method for the code which is to enter your forum name in the notes. SO, you didn't enter the code correctly AND you didn't enter your forum name. Again, I think Mike's response was professional and explained the situation. You basically ignored the fact that we do have a backup method and went on to…

- Post about how PSO doesn't care about its customers and how you own your own business with a "You should learn how to run a business attitude".

- Mike responded to act like an adult and take responsibility for your actions. I don't see where he called you a liar. He said his "guess" was that you didn't enter the code or B)"didn't follow the directions".
Old 12-21-2005, 04:09 AM

Poker source online just doesn't get it. Instead of resolving this isssue they choose to attack me. Instead of fixing the problem by making an EXCEPTION they insinuate that I am a liar in a public forum. Read the quote of what MIKEJ posted and if he's not saying that he thinks that I am trying to cheat PSO what is he saying. "So as an adult you want to take no responsibility for yourself? Since you signed up at 10:53am, but didn't post about your mistake until 4:18pm, over 5 hours later..... my guess is that you didn't know about the upgrade when you signed up and read about it after you signed up. Now you are trying to get credit for something that you either a) didn't know about when you signed up or b) didn't follow the directions to get." I admitted that I made a mistake, and all I asked for was an exception. In my opinion most businesses would make an exception in a case like this. Instead PSO chooses to argue with me. Is this a way for businesses to treat their customers in a public forum. I don't think it is.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this a way for businesses to treat their customers in a public forum. I don't think it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm getting the sense you feel you have been mistreated for making an error.

FWIW, this is from the sign up instructions, as posted earlier, since we're quoting...

[ QUOTE ]
**** PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE BEFORE YOU START AN UPGRADED PROMO. ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING IF YOU HAVE THEM. WE CANNOT CHANGE THINGS AFTER THE FACT ****

We will not add promo codes to any promotions where you forgot to enter the code or mistyped the code. It is your responsibility to enter the code at the time you fill out the form.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-21-2005, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this a way for businesses to treat their customers in a public forum. I don't think it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm getting the sense you feel you have been mistreated for making an error.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do feel that I have been mistreated. PSO has implyed that I am a liar or a cheat in a public forum. If that is not being mistreated than what is. I would have rather handled my complaint via private e-mail but unfortunately PSO does not handle issues like this that way. The only way for them to respond is in a public forum. I only posted on 2 plus 2 after they questioned my integrity.