Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Hand reading

I'm embarassed to post this in MHSH so it's going in here! I've had this happen literally 5 times in the past day and I've went apeshit every time. It's kinda shaking my foundations and I'm wondering if everyone else plays it the same.

Hands like this:
3-handed. Ok button raises, I 3-bet 88 out of the SB, BB folds and button caps.

Flop 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I CR and it's capped.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet out and it's capped.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet out and it's capped.

Standard right?
Old 12-18-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Hand reading

Any read on villain's impression of you? The raise of your river bet after the previous action would cause me to slow down, but I'm weak-tight. Your hand sure looks like what it is. (Or AA, KK, AK[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) Unless villain is an idiot, it seems prudent to call the river raise, because we're [censored] if it's capped.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:38 PM

Cap the flop.
Cap the turn.
Bet and make the crying call on the river.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:41 PM

FWIW, in this hand, after he capped the turn, I thought with good certainty he had KK, but my thought process was, "I have second set. If he outdrew me, [censored] him, I'm paying off." ...which is probably not a good thought process.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, in this hand, after he capped the turn, I thought with good certainty he had KK, but my thought process was, "I have second set. If he outdrew me, [censored] him, I'm paying off." ...which is probably not a good thought process.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the turn once he caps, its probably wise to bet or check/call.

Lol i see where your coming from on the "Man if he gots KK ill pay off" but when hes screaming it in your face sometimes you got to listen.

However you've not said if hes a super aggressive wacko and i've seen some crazy ass capping at 20/40 with high cards and stuff so..... this might be bog standard.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:22 PM

Um...KK? What other hands do you put him on? After he caps the turn, I really dont want 4 bets going in on the river. I am not sure how many I want, but I would guess 2-3. Therefore I either bet/call, or check/raise and call his 3-bet.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:38 PM

I think its fine to payoff KK here but once there is a thrid diamond on the river and the number of hands that beat your second set just went up by like a factor of 5(no math done to arrive at this number) I prob just call the raise back to me on the river.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its fine to payoff KK here but once there is a thrid diamond on the river and the number of hands that beat your second set just went up by like a factor of 5(no math done to arrive at this number) I prob just call the raise back to me on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you show that math? i'm only seeing two new combos that beat us now (AK/KQ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])
Old 12-18-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm missing something, but what are all those additional hands that are beating you? I can only really see AKs, unless he's really crazy about capping the turn with just a flush draw.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:26 PM

whats going on here guys you want me to connect the preflop stuff with the postflop...guess I shouldnt post while I'm 4-6 tabling.

I guess with his preflop cap that does limit the number of diamonds he could be holding. That said he says he has nor ead so against a guy with no read HU or 3-handed I wouldnt be at all surprised to see someonce capping all the way with just a draw--some people see all that red and just go nuts.

Guess it depends if we want to use "no reads" to mean probably somewhat normal or not...

I mean he could cap preflop with ATd, AJd, AQd or Akd and go nuts with his draw....

But you guys are def right not 5x more hands...my bad