Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: is there a way to lose less?

Fold preflop.

Fold a 7-high TPTK to the min-raise.

Check-fold the turn that gives an oesd a straight, still leaves you behind 88, 99 or TT, not to mention 2-pairs or sets.

I've found that playing marginal hands from the SB and even playing marginal hands from the BB in an unraised pot that partially hit the flop (i.e. TPWK with Q9o, for example) is a huge leak. It's just too easy for me to convince myself that someone is using his position to "push me off" my pair of 7s, like in this hand, when I'm almost always up against a hand that's beating me if I get callers or raisers over my flop attempt to take down the pot. I've taken to folding the SB a lot more, and check/folding TPWK with no draws from BB, but then betting it on the turn if it's checked around and the turn blanks. My point is that folding hands like A7o from the SB at full ring saves money, and occasionally check/folding the best hand out of position from the BB in an unraised pot is better than getting any chips in with a starting hand that you would have folded in any other position.

Just fold this one preflop and save yourself the trouble.