Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Trouble with TPGK (KQs)

No reads. I'm constantly having trouble with these TPTK hands.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($24.50)
Button ($26.12)
SB ($23.53)
BB ($16.45)
UTG ($14.03)
UTG+1 ($12.45)
MP1 ($40)
MP2 ($20)
MP3 ($8.30)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls $1.50, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($4.10) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, MP1 calls $6.

Turn: ($22.10) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $5</font> Hero ??.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Trouble with TPGK (KQs)

Preflop is sublime, obviously. On the flop you came hard, and he didn't leave. When he called, I would put him on the FD, but if you call his turn you need to push, he covers you big time, and you are short stacked either wa/wb. This is a split between folding and pushing for me.

Cambraceres
Old 12-10-2005, 05:53 PM

I call. I don't want to re-open the betting, and this hand has some showdown value. I'm going to show this hand down as cheaply as possible, and I'm not going to try to take this pot away from him. If he checks the river, I check behind. If he bets half pot, I call. More than half pot gets in to judgement calls &amp; depends on the opponent.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is sublime, obviously. On the flop you came hard, and he didn't leave. When he called, I would put him on the FD, but if you call his turn you need to push, he covers you big time, and you are short stacked either wa/wb. This is a split between folding and pushing for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way am I folding to that bet. to me the difference is between calling and pushing. I'm leaning a bit more towards a push
Old 12-10-2005, 06:07 PM

Your probably right about not folding, but minraises this late raise the hair on the back of my neck. I'm a weak tight one though.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:57 PM

Push the turn. This bet is almost always some kind of draw, or weaker pair + draw.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your probably right about not folding, but minraises this late raise the hair on the back of my neck. I'm a weak tight one though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is the min-raise exactly?

Your stack size dictates a push as calling leaves you with an ~$8 stack on the river, which is going in anyway due to your hand strength and the pot size.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:20 PM

I would not raise here preflop but I don't mind it.

On the turn half your stack is in the pot, you have a good hand, any better hand is going to get all in against you, and you have a very vulnerable hand. You are pot commited, so go all in.

I would have called preflop to keep the pot small and allow myself to fold if I flop top pair.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Push the turn. This bet is almost always some kind of draw, or weaker pair + draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we rooting for a fold?
Old 12-10-2005, 08:51 PM

I raise all in. I'm insta-called by AK. I lose. I was thinking maybe I play these TPTK hands too fast/hard. As of late, I've been getting my ass raped.

Am I under the wrong when thinking that TPTK at these stakes is almost always golden?