Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-08-2005, 02:48 AM

Default Isolation reraise of a LAG w KQs-Spewing or EV+? We report you DECIDE

Bad idea?
Villain is 74/19/.8
What hand do you put the villain on after she raises the turn? Anyone comfortable laying the river down?
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: (5.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

River: (10.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB
Old 12-08-2005, 02:59 AM

Default Re: Isolation reraise of a LAG w KQs-Spewing or EV+? We report you DECIDE

I would have started by betting this flop.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:30 AM

Default Re: Isolation reraise of a LAG w KQs-Spewing or EV+? We report you DEC

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone comfortable laying the river down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Laying down TPGK, in a big pot, against one LAG opponent, for 1 bet can not possibly be correct.

[ QUOTE ]
What hand do you put the villain on after she raises the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who knows? This person sees 3/4 of all flops and raises everything that remotely looks playble. You can't put this person on a hand. But the *range* of hands that this person would play this way will probably include a lot of hands that your pair of Qs with K kicker beats. Also, check raising the turn after the flop was checked through is really trying too hard to say "I have a hand". If they really had a hand, they'd bet out the turn fearing that it will get checked through again.

Anyway, I would bet the flop with 2 overcards + BDFD, bet out the turn, and now if you're still raised you can slow down.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Isolation reraise of a LAG w KQs-Spewing or EV+? We report you DECIDE

Given the action, the LAG can believe that you are weak and may fold. When you tell a LAG that bluff may work, you have to withstand a little more heat. Folding is right out.

-Eric
Old 12-08-2005, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have started by betting this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Your attempt to isolate has failed. You are out of position and very likely do not have the best hand. You are also extremely unlikely to win the pot with a bet, and certainly cannot hope of folding a hand like AK / AQ right now.

You tried to isolate and your play was foiled. At this point, playing your hand straightforward and checking is reasonable.

-Eric
Old 12-08-2005, 04:52 AM

Default Re: Isolation reraise of a LAG w KQs-Spewing or EV+? We report you DEC

On the turn my 3-bet goes in the pot and I feel more comfortable calling down if he caps it.