Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Favorite Conan bit

I would laugh for minutes nonstop when he was making fun of the Mr. T chortle.

EDIT: And to combine threads, Norm McDonald did a bit on midgets when he was being interviewed that was possibly the funniest thing ever to happen.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:06 PM

conan, what is best in life?

to fight your enemies,
to see them driven before you,
and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Old 12-07-2005, 06:08 PM

when a audience member yells out and he aknowledges them as the opposite sex
IE teenage girl - i love you conan!!!!
conan- "settle down sir"

edit anybody see the one where he was interviewing some chic and sat like 10 feet back and said it was like a Danish (?) talkshow and just stared at her aggressively.
I think some pee came out on that one
Old 12-07-2005, 06:10 PM

Triumph - Star Wars
Triumph - Star Wars
Triumph - Star Wars
Triumph - Star Wars
Triumph - Star Wars
Triumph - Star Wars
Triumph - Star Wars
Triumph - Star Wars
Old 12-07-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Triumph - Star Wars

[/ QUOTE ]

*Nerd makes some comment about spoilers for the next star wars movie*

Triumph: I have a spoiler for you: You will die alone.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:17 PM

"Max on Max"

Max also a couple of "The More you Know" bits which were funny:

"Hey baby, sometimes the condom breaks. Deal with it."

&

"Alimony, Shmalimony, I ain't paying!"

Andy Richter had a great TMYK too (from memory),

"It's important that during this holiday season, when we are inside our warm houses surrounded by family and friends, that there are people freezing on the cold city streets trying hard to make a living. They're called hookers. Go get 'em."
Old 12-07-2005, 08:42 PM

Favorite bits ever:

1. Triumph's first appearance at the first dog show. As funny as anything I've ever seen. I pity the fool who had to come on after that, who even said basically, how the hell am I going to top that?

2. Triumph interviewing Don Rickles. Chopped a bit on Triumph's DVD unfortunately, but still great there.

3. The masturbating bear. God I miss him! And Pimpbot 2000 is sorely missed too.

4. Conan talking to some guest about attracting women and sayhing something like, what are you going to do, distract her with your keys? And he pulls out his car keys and waves them around, going, Oooh, shiney! The audience fell out of their chairs laughing. Really quick and clever.

5. Annrouncer Joel did one or two sketches that were absolutely brilliant where he put on that moronically happy grin while reciting the miserable degenerate horror of his abject, utterly degrading and loveless existence. The writing was insanely good and bitterly hilarious, and Joel was really great.

6. Conan's audition, talking to Mimi Rogers, who was saying modeling was hard. He shook his head then couldn't take it anymore and said, No, that's not hard. Turning a big crank(making like one of the workers in Modern Times turning a wheel with his whole body) -- THAT's hard! Modeling's not hard. Mimi Rogers dignity could have been offended, but she was way too busy laughing. This was really ballsy and the way he pulled it off was very spontaneous and funny, and it won him the job. Great hitter in the clutch!

7. There was one Conan interview years ago where he started out right away asking about the starlet's extremely goofy,very showy hair, just a gentle tease, but she first stiffened up and got offended, then gave him a dirty look and wouldn't say anything. He tried to make amends, but they cut to commercial really quickly and when they came back she was gone. Hooray!

8. Conan's first interview with Ice T, where T was trying so damn hard to be all tough but finally just gave up and started grinning and said, this guy pretends to be totally out of it, but he knows what time it is. Those were probably some of the greatest words of praise Ice T ever gave anyone up to that point in his life.

9. The gay vacation home movie bit he did with someone, I forget who, that he later redid for the Emmys and which has been copied a million times since. Stolen from Chris Elliot's Get a Life show, where Chris and Martin Mull did it, but what the hell, it was still fresh then and it was hilarious.

10. The apple picking trip home movie he did with Mr. T.

Favorite repeated bits:

Almost anything Triumph.

Conan and Max doing the bit where they talk about how thrilled they are over who's dating who on soap operas or such, chirpy and phoney as a Today Show host or a couple of demented suburban housewives, and then stare at each with classic deadened faces that look like they've just been been forced to sit through the destruction of their own souls.

Conan interviewing Schwarzenegger on his pop-up t.v.

Conan, Max, and his announcer Joel doing the bits they usually do around Christmas or New Years where they show pictures of their horribly lonely, degrading holidays, usually winding up saying something like And it was the best Christmas Ever! despite it being one that would make anyone want to gouge their eyes out.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:47 PM

His interview with Richard Lewis that they made a claymation out of. Both the original and the claymation are amazing and I would love to find a clip of the original somewhere.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fake interviews, especially with arnold the governmator

[/ QUOTE ]

The unrehearsed-ness of these tends to show a little too much as they drag on, but it's all part of the appeal I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many of them don't drag for a second. But not all of them can be 100%. Depends on the ones you catch.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When Max Weinberg tries to machinegun Conan, and Andy takes the bullets for him, and Conan returns fire with a handgun, yelling, "Max, you son of a bitch!" and killing Max.

All in super slo motion.

Maybe the funniest 10 seconds I've ever seen on a television show(Matt Foley the motivational speaker running in place the first time would be the only challenger).

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me of a bit they did when Andy was still in the show that was great, where they did this great fake promo for what looked like an urban thriller t.v. show, like quick cuts of them laughing as each other gets executed, etc., betraying each other, opening switchblades under each other's faces, gut-punching each other, etc. Frigging hilarious and I think they could have got a pilot.