Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: I struggle on the turn and river

I was curious about this. You don't think you'll see a semi-bluff go for it one more time often enough? I may be overestimating the nuttiness of 10/20.

EDIT: against a 10/20 unknown. Forgot that we had a read that the villian was at least decent.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do 22/15/2 players seem to get very little respect by posters on this forum?

When I see a 22/15 I think "2+2'er", or "he's decent". I think that these 22/15's do not defend as liberally as most people on this forum - if they did they would have a higher VPIP.

Obviously they are not the 30/20 that this forum seems to think is the correct style of play, but I'm not a 30/20 either. I am not sure exactly what I am right now but I think I'm about a 24 (or 25)/19 (or maybe even 17).

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont get it either. It depends highly on the game texture and how many players. I am 23/17 with 5+ players but 29/21 overall. I know I am a little tight but I like to think I am not a fish atleast.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:51 PM

Lmn55d can speak for himself as to what he meant -- but I didn't intrpret it as a lack of respect for someone with 22/15 stats. As he stated, most "in that game peel incorrectly and defend liberally" -- I read this as most guys with stats like that are probably decent players, and in the 10/20 will call pre- getting 5:1 with a lot of hands against a CO steal, and will peel here closing the action getting 9:1, especially when the aggressor is possibly stealing. Perhaps "incorrectly" was a bit overstated, but as I said, I'll let Lmn55d comment.

On another point: I wouldn't be calling UI on the river if I got checkraised on the turn.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd also bet turn but dont have a big problem with checking. Most 22/15s in that game peel incorrectly and defend very liberally. And then there's the smalldonk. So I think you miss too much value by checking. After checking river is pretty easy bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-06-2005, 08:24 PM

I meant that the average TAG in that game plays pretty poorly. Assuming that TAG, 2+2 stats are indicative of solid play can be a costly mistake in that game. I learned the hard way. My comment didn't refer to 22/15's specifically, but rather guys with "TAGlike 2+2" stats.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:52 PM

if i see a 22/15 in a 6max game im going to assume hes a wannabe taglike fish. if i come across 19/13/2s in a 10handed game those players are usually scary, so 22/15/2 is almost the same if its filtered for 7+ players on average which means that a 22/15/2 could be a dangerous player.

all you people with 30/20 stats arent playing 6 handed games on average. its more like 4 handed. i see people all proud of themselves because they are a 30/20 player and think thats better than being 27/18. check your average players per table.

im a 43/31/2.3 over my last 10k hands so hah.

(this post is a random rant and is not directed at anyone in this thread)
Old 12-06-2005, 08:53 PM

Since the board is so draw heavy I think you need to bet this turn. Also, given how coordinated the board is you're unlikely to get c/red by Ax, which will fear a bigger A or 2 pair, and since you didn't get 3-bet preflop it's reasonable to assume you're not up against AT+.

Bottom line: I think you're ahead and there isn't that much risk of getting raised, so bet.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if i see a 22/15 in a 6max game im going to assume hes a wannabe taglike fish. if i come across 19/13/2s in a 10handed game those players are usually scary, so 22/15/2 is almost the same if its filtered for 7+ players on average which means that a 22/15/2 could be a dangerous player.

all you people with 30/20 stats arent playing 6 handed games on average. its more like 4 handed. i see people all proud of themselves because they are a 30/20 player and think thats better than being 27/18. check your average players per table.

im a 43/31/2.3 over my last 10k hands so hah.

(this post is a random rant and is not directed at anyone in this thread)

[/ QUOTE ]

Though I know this is not directed at me, I thought I'd jump back in because I have pretty much no idea what this rant is about or how it relates to this hand or the comments in this thread. As far as I can tell, someone mentioned that most players in this game aren't terribly good post-flop (even those with TAG stats), someone else took this as a slam at players in this game with a certain stat profile, and now there's some sort of comparison to 6-max versus 10-handed and alleged 30/20 peen waving.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Maybe it will develop into something pointless but entertaining! :gets popcorn:
Old 12-06-2005, 09:31 PM

defintely bet the turn, fold to a c/r, and check the river IU
Old 12-06-2005, 10:17 PM

it was just a pointless rant that i thought would contribute