Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-04-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Spit the the cup

This happened today at Starbucks in Tacoma. I’m standing in line at and theres only two people working and the line is growing long, older waspy lady in her 50's is in front of me ordering. The Barista is a 30year old black guy with dreads and sweet gold tooth. She takes like 3 Mins to figure out what she wants and takes another two to actually order it but is relatively pleasant the whole time. She pays and walks to the other side of bar area. As I walk up I see the cashier step back grab the cup he had handed to the dude working the espresso machine and proceed to huck a fat lugie (SP?) into it. He turns back to me with his fake starbucks smile and asks what I would like. I was blown away and unsure of my next move. Do I call him on it, do I still want this guy to be making my coffee? What’s my line?
Old 12-04-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Spit the the cup

Ask to talk the the manager. Tell them what happened.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:13 PM

give him a pound.
holla
Old 12-04-2005, 10:14 PM

Tell the lady. Call the health department. Go to a different starbucks.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:16 PM

Old 12-04-2005, 10:17 PM

I really didn't want to deal with reporting it. Im not trying to be the guy that gets gold tooth fired and therefor have to feel his wrath, however I was thinking that I could score a free coffee which would have made him losing his job and me risking my life worth it.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:21 PM

That free coffee conversation goes like this...

MV: "I saw you do that...gimme a free coffee and I won't tell anyone"
GT: "Hang on I gotta get your coffee from the back..."(proceeds to piss in cup)
MV: "Superb Coffee my good man."

Then after you report him he murders you and your family. Point is that GT doesn't care that you saw him, doesn't care about minimum wage starbucks job.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:24 PM

Right there, in front of God and everybody, he spit in her cup? Did other customers see this? Did he at least turn his back to you? I'm skeptical - but getting over that: was he still in front of the register when he did it, or did he wander off into a corner so he could do the deed?

The cameras at Starbucks stores only watch the important parts of the store - the safe, the back where the money is counted, and the registers. If he was smart enough to step out of the view of those cameras, there's no video of it. Whatever, if he's dumb enough to spit in someone's cup where you could see it, he's dumb enough to do it in front of the cameras.

I'd call him on it immediately. Don't let the little old lady consume that. Get his name, get the other guy's name, ask when the manager will next be in. Management is usually in 7-4ish M-F. If you're serious about doing something about this, speak directly to the store manager. Don't deal with the "shift lead on duty," don't deal with the assistant store manager. And if the store manager doesn't deal with the guy properly, get a name/phone number for the store's district manager. If nobody will give you one, call 1-800-STARBUC and go from there.

And don't go back to that Starbucks. However, I've never worked with anyone like that at a Starbucks, so don't let this moron turn you off to Starbucks as a whole. Yeah, I'm a Starbucks employee, and though people like that little old lady really wear me out, I've never done anything like that.

Later,
yasher
Old 12-04-2005, 10:30 PM

He took the cup he had put in the dudes line of orders to fill, walked towards the back did a little turn, did the deed put the cup back and looked at me without even the slightest hint of guilt. I had a pretty good angle of it as he turned. I decided that I had [censored] to do and that if I ordered quckly enough mabye id get lucky and he wouldn't spit in mine. Im way too addicted to coffee to not to go starbucks however i won't be going back to that one. Good thing there 3 others on the same intersection.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:50 PM

I don't care how much [censored] you had to do, you should let the lady know she is going to drink loogie. To not say anything is pretty selfish and sad.