Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-30-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Re: couple hands from tonight

Hand 1 I was about to post myself. I was SB [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 I was about to post myself. I was SB [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, I cant lie about the results now then [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Hand1: deception shows AK, and I hate myself for calling when I knew I shouldnt have

hand2: I 3 bet and he just called down with KQ
Old 11-30-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, I cant lie about the results now then [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 12:38 PM

Hand 1: Cap PF absolutely. I think you should have stuck to your plan for the river. Or possibly bet-fold the turn. Either one is better than calling a bet on the river.

That was my first thought, but on reflection, I'm not sure. Is it not possible that you win the hand against 2 opponents with 1 card to come too infrequently to make it worth 1 bet, but 1 opponent folding and a blank river bump your chances up enough to make it worthwhile?

Hand 2: I would 3-bet and bet-call the river whether capped or not.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:47 PM

hand 1:

after you cap preflop that turn check just screams jacks. in a pot this big I think I want to just bet the turn for a free showdown, and dont put in another cent. I don't think giving up on the turn is terrible, but in a pot this big I'd rather take another 1bb shot.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:59 PM

Hand 1: How are people against capping this preflop? JJ is a monster 4-handed when only one of the players has shown aggression. Given that your going to call 1 on the river, I think you have to bet the turn. Just make it the last bet you put in the pot, even if donked on the river.

Hand 2: 3-bet the turn, call down if capped. This is going to be AQ a LOT.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:00 PM

In hand 1, I knew who the button was so when he capped preflop I thought there was a pretty narrow range, probably something like AA-TT, AK, AQs and maybe KQs, but probably not.

I think it would be interesting when evaluating this hand to look at it from my (SB) perspective as well.

If you are the small blind, what is your flop play here with AA/QQ, AK, AQ, and 99?

If you check/call the flop what is your turn play with these hands?
Old 11-30-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In hand 1, I knew who the button was so when he capped preflop I thought there was a pretty narrow range, probably something like AA-TT, AK, AQs and maybe KQs, but probably not.

I think it would be interesting when evaluating this hand to look at it from my (SB) perspective as well.

If you are the small blind, what is your flop play here with AA/QQ, AK, AQ, and 99?

If you check/call the flop what is your turn play with these hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure what to do with AK if I am you. Vs my capping range you are more than likely screwed on the flop. Best case is Ive got AK as well, worst case you are drawing very near dead or to 3 outs. But its really hard because there is 17sb in the pot, so it feels weak folding 2 overs.

Im not capping KQs or TT here prolly (tho I prolly should with TT), so you are looking at

JJ: 6 combos
QQ: 3 combos
KK: 3 combos
AA: 3 combos
AK: 4 combos
AQs: (cant remember what A u had) 2 combos?

if my mental math is correct that gives you like 2.5 outs when you are behind, and 4 outs to a split pot if we assume I have AK as well and we are behind to one of the 3 limpers, but given reverse implied odds, a flush draw (tainted outs), and the small possibility of reverse domination from the limpers, I dunno if this is a call or not. Also I dunno, a raise may be better, as it could help us split the times I have AK as well (20%), or get me to possibly fold JJ, but thats prolly spewing.

anyway, im rambling, I prolly fold unless I have one of the [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s, in which case I peel. Course if you throw TT into the mix, you have more outs so a peel is prolly beter, and honestly if I had the Ad in that case, I think a c/r would prolly be much better than a call.

with the other hands I think its a toss up between bet 3bet, and c/r. I prolly bet/3 bet AA, and c/r KK and QQ. KK so I can maybe keep a lone limper ace from calling correctly, and QQ cuz if you cap my 3 bet I can c/r the turn. with 99 I prolly call the flop and c/f turn. AQ is tough, I think I prolly bet and just call down if I get raised.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:24 PM

Yeah I wasn't too happy when you capped and the flop brought no help. I included KQs because of your position and the fact that there were 2 limpers up front, but I didn't think it was very likely, especially with a K in my hand and a K + Q on the board.

I had AKo, so my thought was:

Big trouble:

AA(3)
QQ(3)

Pretty big trouble: (3 outs)
AQs(2, can't remember if I had Ac, but we'll say 2 since it's more likely I don't have it)
KK(3)

Trouble (6 outs):
JJ(6)
TT(6)

You are freerolling:
AdKd(1)

Usually splitting:
AK(8)

So it's probably close to a fold but in almost every case I have odds for a peel if it doesn't get raised behind me (even if I only have 3 outs).

When the K comes down on the turn it looks a lot better:

Behind:
AA(3)
KK(1)
QQ(3)

Ahead:
JJ(6)
TT(6)
AQs(2)

Almost always splitting:
AK(6)

I thought there was a good chance both of you would fold if I bet unless you had me crushed or splitting and there was a decent chance you'd bet the turn where my range was slightly wider than yours, so check/call on the turn seemed best. I would have called a turn bet and bet the river.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You are freerolling:
AdKd(1)

Usually splitting:
AK(8)

I thought there was a good chance both of you would fold if I bet unless you had me crushed or splitting and there was a decent chance you'd bet the turn where my range was slightly wider than yours, so check/call on the turn seemed best. I would have called a turn bet and bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoops, I effed the number of AK combos in my earlier post.

I think in theory betting the turn might be best, because im really only going to put more money in the pot with a hand that beats you, so by checking you are giving 2 people a free card and you dont get anymore more out of me unless I improve, so you might as well make me fold, and get another bet maybe out of the other guy. Getting raised would suck tho as you are a slave to the pot at that point, and obviously I did put in another bet anyway, so I dont really know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]