Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: Interesting 10/25 hand against a solid player.

fwiw, i did nto have this lunatic image at the time, i had a pretty quiet, tight/solid image. I hadn't showed down many hands in any pot over $200, and the only other hand we played was where I raised two limpers, jon called, flop came 884, I had AA, I bet 1/2 pot, eh checkraised small, I called, he checkted turn, i checked, he bet small on river, I called and he showed trip 8. That was the only hand we played against one another.

I would classify him as tight preflop relative to everyone else, but not rockish by any means, i mean he is definitely in there with 43s for 75 6 ways, but I was hoping he would lay down 43 to my river bet.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think a flush draw likely.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

u keep saying this, but i cant believe u...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea.....This is a weird hand because it's tough to figure where john's at....A made hand is more likely than a flush draw but a diamond flush draw is a definite possibility.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:18 AM

I just don't see that many good players slowplaying bottom 2 when a pot is already getting big.

Your solid image changes things some though - I assumed you had been dicking around more.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:20 AM

yeah, negative, I was stuck the entire trip, I tend to play a lot tighter earlier on when I'm stuck.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think a flush draw likely.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

u keep saying this, but i cant believe u...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea.....This is a weird hand because it's tough to figure where john's at....A made hand is more likely than a flush draw but a diamond flush draw is a definite possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]
well, i suppose youd know better than me about this guys tendencies... AZK said hes pretty good, so i dont think he makes that post oak bluff on the river w/ a busted hand, but maybe.

i talked to AZK about this on AIM, and i liked the way he played the first three streets. i could see pushing the turn, there has got to be a decent chance hes hoping u do just that and has a set.
when the guy bets only a dime on the end, i put him on AT and go all in. i think a good plyr will also be laying down a set sometimes. its not that hard to put ari on a straight here.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:29 AM

flush draw I suppose is possible...donk betting the turn? If that's the case though he isn't firing the river, imo, then again you play a lot more with him than I do.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when the guy bets only a dime on the end, i put him on AT and go all in. i think a good plyr will also be laying down a set sometimes. its not that hard to put ari on a straight here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, i like this play much better against an unknown "good player" (as he may have very well been to AZK)....But John is very good at making strong reads and calling with marginal holdings. Especially getting 2.5-1. He's definitely one of the top 3 players that regularly plays the foxwoods NL games and you can certainly make an argument that he's the best. Given AZK's at the time tight image, i think john might get off an overpair or A-10 (although i think these are both unlikely holdings). But overall, i think this move is definitely -EV against John
Old 11-21-2005, 02:38 AM

good analysis flawless.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
EP opens for 75 bunch of calls I call Flop T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

PFR checks, weird guy bets 100, bad player calls 100, I make it 700 (which is near potsized), Jon cold calls out of the SB after checking (WTF?) everyone folds

[/ QUOTE ] diamond:

I never played in this game but do good players really check a set and then call from sb encouraging a big field to overcall with straight and flush draws on the flop.
I think he's cautiouslly playing bottom two , or maybe A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K/Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] deciding to play the draw with a bit of deception and a weak river bluff to make you think he wants a call?
Old 11-21-2005, 05:02 AM

is it possible he cold-called the raise in hopes that weird guy and bad player may come along to the raise, with him holding a set and the pot getting very big quickly into the turn?

when his hopes of a giant pot with the two donkeys failed to materialize, he may have tried to weak-lead 3-bet all in.

when this failed and you just called his small bet, he may be putting you on a big combo draw that decided to take the cheap one, 67dd, that may now have straightened on the river.

but laying him this price i do not know if he folds a set.

a hand that i have seen take a similar line a few times is bottom two that is concerned with the action, doesn't really know where it is, and wants to get to showdown.