Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 12:42 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.
Default Re: what should i do ?

[ QUOTE ]
$12/hr is considered good? Even if you suck, you should be able to make a minimum of $20/hr WITHOUT rakeback playing poker.

$12/hr is only 23k, working 40 hours a week. You live off that?

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't say it was considered a good income. it sucks, actually. but for me it is good (i started at $8, so yeah being at $12 is pretty nice now). i can't expect more at some other random job, considering i didn't go to school (well i took some classes towards an associate degree in computer networking but i never finished, and wouldn't want to do that anyway) and i don't really have any other skills.

so yes i do live on that. actually i make less than what you said, since my job is seasonal and my hours are cut for a good part of the year. i live with my bf so i share expenses with him, but he makes even less than i do (10.50 i think, but he makes a little extra at poker).
there aren't any jobs around here (green bay, wisconsin) that i could get, that start off at $12/hr.

to say i should be able to make a minimum of $20/hr playing poker without rakeback even if i suck seems silly. if i was able to make money at all playing poker i wouldn't say i suck. you know ? i have 126,000 hands and make -0.73 BB/100 hands. so like i said, i would never count on poker to make money since i lose money playing poker - because i suck. !
Old 11-19-2005, 01:04 PM

I've had similar, you'll be better in 2 weeks. Listen to the doctor! Feel better.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:20 PM

I wanna bang that girl in the picture.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:21 PM

Any reason you didn't go to college, gorie? I always assumed you were either in college or had graduated. Not to sound preachy or anything, and you've probably heard this before, but you should probably go. Even if you don't think you would enjoy it, in four years you will have many more options than you have now.

Either that, or get good at poker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever drugs she's on, can I have some?
Old 11-19-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wanna bang that girl in the picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome to her [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any reason you didn't go to college, gorie? I always assumed you were either in college or had graduated. Not to sound preachy or anything, and you've probably heard this before, but you should probably go. Even if you don't think you would enjoy it, in four years you will have many more options than you have now.

Either that, or get good at poker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i know. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
i did go to a technical college, 2 year program for computer networking - i just didn't finish. when it came time to finding an internship 3rd semester, i guess i got stressed out and gave up. i also realized it's not what i want to do. i mean, i can barely even lift a computer! so anyway, it ended up being a waste of money because i'm retarded.

i have too many issues (anxiety etc) i don't think i could do it again, i am afraid if i went back to school i'd just end up wasting more money and not be able to finish when it came time to do things i didn't want to do. i think sometimes about going back to school, if i did it would be for dental hygiene or something because it would be good money - but i can't picture myself following through since there is a lot of things involved that scare me (i'm weird).

i don't mind my job now. i can't think of a job i would really like doing. the only thing is that i am concerned about my hand if i continue doing what i am doing.

in my dream world, my boyfriend goes back and finishes school (he did the same thing as me) and gets a better job to help secure us financially for the future. i continue working where i am at and my hand problem doesn't exist. until i eventually get into painting more and figure out how to make a living at it to make more than i do now, and learn poker well enough to help out. that would be ideal. that way if we ever start a family i could stay home and paint/poker.

anyway, right now i am just hoping the hand thing goes away, the thing that sucks is even if it gets better in a couple weeks, i'm still doing the exact same thing that caused the problem in the first place and i can't imagine that being a good thing. hopefully my boss will have an occupational therapist come in to check out our work stations, i'm not the first to have problems either, but the other guy was part-time and ended up leaving for school, but he use to complaina bout his wrist hurting a lot (i thought he was nuts at the time too , now i know!!). so hopefully my boss will take the whole thing serious, and also figure out how to adjust my work flow to not have me constantly doing the same thing all day long. i don't know. it just sucks.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:06 PM

where do you live?
you can go here bcpe to find a certified ergonomist in your area who can perform a workstation evaluation. your company should pick up the cost of this, and worker's comp should pick up the med expenses. talk to hr.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in my dream world, my boyfriend goes back and finishes school (he did the same thing as me) and gets a better job to help secure us financially for the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the boyfriend you've posted about before that is kind of a screw up (no offense) and won't get his [censored] together? this situation sucks. i don't have an answer but good luck. i think you really should seriously consider improving your p*ker game. you have the perfect resource here and it doesn't sound like you have much to lose.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in my dream world, my boyfriend goes back and finishes school (he did the same thing as me) and gets a better job to help secure us financially for the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the boyfriend you've posted about before that is kind of a screw up (no offense) and won't get his [censored] together? this situation sucks. i don't have an answer but good luck. i think you really should seriously consider improving your p*ker game. you have the perfect resource here and it doesn't sound like you have much to lose.

[/ QUOTE ]
no offense taken,... but i don't really remember posting about him being a screw up ?. are you thinking of the post about my depressed/jobless friend that people were assuming was about my boyfriend ? because it wasn't.

other than that i'm not sure what you're referring to. we've been together 8 years now, he's always held the same job and i know he wants better for the future. he lacks motivation (like me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ), but he is a smart guy.

anyway thanks. i do try to improve my poker game, i play almost every day. i study but not as often as i should since i'd rather play, and i am slower at learning than i'd like. i think i will get better though as long as i don't lose my bankroll [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] bonuses keep me playing for now though , pretty much.