Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 11-18-2005, 02:44 AM

Default Re: Common top pair situation

The only problem with this is that he may be checking the turn with Ax if we are still 3-way. What do you think of check-raising the flop if 3-way, but playing WA/WB if button folds out.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Re: Common top pair situation

[ QUOTE ]
The only problem with this is that he may be checking the turn with Ax if we are still 3-way. What do you think of check-raising the flop if 3-way, but playing WA/WB if button folds out.

[/ QUOTE ]

The real problem is the lack of postflop read. 21% PFR is a lot, so there's reason to think he's quite aggressive. I don't think this guy will check the turn very often. To give some perspective, if I had AT here, I would autobet the flop and worry about giving a free flush card on the turn or having to face a river bet if I check behind. So I'd sometimes bet here and take a free showdown (my reads on the other two players in the pot help dictate this - if they make loose flop calls, I'm leaning more towards a *VALUE* bet, and if they don't, I'm more inclined to think I need the free card). Of course, I'm not calling a river donkbet UI, but many players like A-high on ragged boards enough that they'll pay it off -- especially after leading all streets and making a big pot for themselves. Hands like QQ-TT also have a tough time folding to a river donk.

But this is all speculative. I think either line is fine.