Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Its my turn......

[ QUOTE ]
Your line on the turn makes it a lot harder for worse flushes and other non flush hands to pay you off, as it's a line that scream of the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Luckily, the button had less than 2BB left in front of him that were going in the pot regardless...
Old 11-17-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes playing your hand in a straight forward manner is the most deceptive. By which I mean, you should put in a bet or a raise at every opportunity on the turn. I don't see any benefit to smooth calling the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or, the faster you play this hand the more it looks like AK/AQ.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:47 PM

Bet this turn. There were 3 agressors on the flop, which was capped. You betting out again could mean AK still for all they know. Let the small made flush raise you.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:55 PM

Capping the turn with everyone up in there is sweet and your line achieved it. It seemed that given the flop action you could certainly count on one or more people continuing to be aggressive. I'd have a hard time not leading the turn after the flop cap, but given your read and how things went, it looks like your line yielded the best results.

Looks like CO has JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Button either has 44 or 55.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:04 PM

by checkraising the turn after a flush card falls you're telling the table what you have.

you might not even checkraise three aces in that spot.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:57 PM

TT, if you are that certain, then wouldn't they be raising when the action got back to them anyway. Since you didn't bet the turn, I really think that a CR three bet is best here. You capping when you already smooth called has to be kinda strange. CR three betting may just look like you are being over aggro
Old 11-17-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ugh.... just re-read the action. I'm fairly sure that the flop is wrong, I'm surprised we (yes, two of us checked it before I posted it, we suck) didn't catch it. Running off to a biz meeting, will post a correction later. Thats what happens when you post hands while at work [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I have the action right this time. It was BB who raised, not UTG on the flop, and I didn't 3-bet the flop, it was the button (thanks Chuck for verifying this). Sorry for the confusion earlier, a small change really makes a huge difference.

[ QUOTE ]
UTG, MP, CO & Button limp, I raise, BB calls, all call – 6 players to the flop for 12sb.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, BB raises, UTG calls, MP Calls CO calls, Button raises, I call, BB calls, UTG calls, MP folds, CO caps, Button calls, I call, BB calls, UTG calls – a huge pot of 16.5bb

Turn is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, BB checks, UTG checks, CO bets, Button raises, I smooth call, BB calls, UTG folds, CO 3-bets, Button calls, I cap

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking for comments on Flop & Turn.

1) Call of 3-bet out of position on flop

2) Turn check (makes a bit more sense now that I have the correct action, but there is a lot to be said for betting out as well)

3) Turn smooth call

4) The turn cap

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG, MP, CO & Button limp, I raise, BB calls, all call – 6 players to the flop for 12sb.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, BB calls, UTG raises, CO calls, Button calls, I raise, BB calls, UTG calls, MP folds, CO caps, Button calls, I call, BB calls, UTG calls – a huge pot of 16bb

Turn is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] - and I have the nutz.

I check, BB checks, UTG checks, CO bets, Button raises, I smooth call, BB calls, UTG folds, CO 3-bets, Button calls, I cap

[/ QUOTE ]

i think a rough call or some other kind of textured call would be best here. curious on why you decided to go with the smooth call.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:00 PM

just bet out. it's likely that if you check a bet is coming from your right, so a c/r from you clears the field. I think you got very lucky that you were able to check/call/cap
Old 11-18-2005, 12:15 AM

TT, I think that capping the flop *might* work here. You have enough players in there to do it I think.

turn, I still don't like the smooth call/cap line, it just screams nuts really loud, but, it works a lot better with the action as is, it keeps the players in drawing dead for the most part(unless of course if someone has a set)

I think that with all of the flop cold callers that you can definetly work in a flop cap, that way you can lead a spade turn and just start pumpingon both the turn and river