Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-28-2005, 07:11 AM

Default Re: HU: River Action

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you should fold turn. IMO people pay way too steep a price to draw to hands that can't get paid off

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

board is sooted too.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:05 AM

It was from the SB, btw, not the BB. Not that it matters, but it's incorrect to make the same play PF everytime in every position. But enough of that.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:07 AM

Well, seeing that he's drawing at 8 outs instead of four, I can see his call assuming he thinks the villain will pay off. I still laydown on the turn there, though.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think your implied odds are too good to pass it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

his overbet of the turn, however slight, was something he hadnt done at all yet and signaled that he had a holding he was quite fond of. I thought the combination of that, as well as having a hand thats super concealed, was more than enough to get paid off enough there.

also playing HU, I will take a small- EV if hitting it means that ill stack him and possibly tilt him big time. which is what happened here afterwards.

ps. my plan for hitting a heart/straight card was to lead for about the pot on the river, and to CR a non flush straight card, which i did. i wasnt planning any bluff this early against him, esp. with that turn overbet.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:10 PM

I would have liked your play fine if you were going to bluff a heart. Since you weren't using hearts as outs, I don't like your play for reasons already discussed.