Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-27-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Re: HU: River Action

I didn't think a decent tag would pot bet river w a bluff after that action. I would think either less or more.

This is what makes me think he's bad so I thought you were simply very unlikely to get any call at all but just incase he has a hand min raise.

Given his AK I am suprised he bet so much on the river. I guess once you called the turn he's put you on a weaker A and a river bluff.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:05 PM

A2, A3, 79, 75, 22, AK, 68, or total air most of the time
Old 10-27-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think a decent tag would pot bet river w a bluff after that action. I would think either less or more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Clearly a decent tag bluffs this river from time to time-hero has shown no real strength and could be waiting for a big bet to fold.
So given that a TAG is capable of bluffing, what's wrong with a pot-sized bet? What makes you say that this sized bet is never a bluff? It seems like the perfect bluff amount because it's roughly what a big hand should be betting trying to get some value.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Re: *RESULTS*

he isnt a decent TAG if he played AK this way imo. That or decent means something different to you than to me. Villain is pretty awful to go broke w/ 22 here.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Clearly a decent tag bluffs this river from time to time-hero has shown no real strength and could be waiting for a big bet to fold.
So given that a TAG is capable of bluffing, what's wrong with a pot-sized bet? What makes you say that this sized bet is never a bluff? It seems like the perfect bluff amount because it's roughly what a big hand should be betting trying to get some value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought a value bet in this situ would be much closer to 1/2 the pot but I don't play this high so if it's pretty standard, okay.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he isnt a decent TAG if he played AK this way imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh.

this was my opinion of him before this hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is pretty awful to go broke w/ 22 here.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you calling with66 here?
Old 10-27-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
after I moved in, he thinks for almost the whole time (which now a days isnt much) and calls with A K .

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you bet this river if you have AK?
Old 10-27-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
after I moved in, he thinks for almost the whole time (which now a days isnt much) and calls with A K .

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you bet this river if you have AK?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

do you call a c/r? hell no

You really would check tptk in that spot hu?
Old 10-27-2005, 01:19 PM

No, I'm just asking, I too want to start learning HU play so I was just curious...seems like you wouldn't want to bet the river against particularly tricky or aggro people...
Old 10-27-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I'm just asking, I too want to start learning HU play so I was just curious...seems like you wouldn't want to bet the river against particularly tricky or aggro people...

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd be more inclined to bet against an aggro player, because he would've shown a little more strength earlier in the hand, and it sure looks like he's trying his best to showdown a weaker hand, no?

villain just made the mistake of calling the c/r all in. Who knows what he's thinking...

I'm sure I've done worse though, you just say, "fuggit, he's making a move on me, I'll make him show me a better hand"