Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 12:06 AM

Default HU: River Action

2k party games.

i have 2k he has me covered.

villian has been winning more than his share of smallish pots in the 15mins we have played HU. i havent caught anything as of yet. seems pretty reasonable/TAGish, the kind of guy i dont think you have a huge edge against, but im still getting to know him.

he was raising a good amount pf, with and w/o position, but not getting too out of line post flop.

i complete 54o and he knocks on the button that is also the BB.

flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

i lead for 40, he calls real fast.

turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

i check and he bets $125 into a $115 pot. i call.

river: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, he bets 350. I CR allin.

im mostly interested in the river. is leading better here? what about a smaller CR?

thanks,

fsuplayer
Old 10-27-2005, 12:13 AM

Default Re: HU: River Action

[ QUOTE ]
seems pretty reasonable/TAGish, the kind of guy i dont think you have a huge edge against.

[/ QUOTE ]

and

[ QUOTE ]
I CR allin

[/ QUOTE ]

= huh?
Old 10-27-2005, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seems pretty reasonable/TAGish, the kind of guy i dont think you have a huge edge against.

[/ QUOTE ]

and

[ QUOTE ]
I CR allin

[/ QUOTE ]

= huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

im more likely to get called here by a thinking player than a mediocre 10-20 player, right?
Old 10-27-2005, 12:21 AM

i like it. if he has a set you're getting all his chips any way you play it. he probly doesn't raise your river lead with a 2pr hand, but he might call your c/r push with 2pr. and all-in is better than a smaller c/r; let him think you're trying to buy it with busted hearts.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:35 AM

I think the push is ok. Only problem is that he's been winning more than his share of small pots so rather than losing his stack hoping you're bluffing he folds and goes back to winning lots of small pots(he thinks). If this is the case I could see him folding even a small set but you really don't know where he's at because his play looks like it could be a pure steal after you showed weakness. I don't think a donk w 2 pair calls your cr all in but a donk w 2 pair could call a size raise, maybe.

edit: and I don't like leading the flop because he only showed aggression when you showed weakness so if you continue there is at least a chance he will continue.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:40 AM

when i first read the hand, i thought it was a bluff. i was going to say i didn't really like it too much.

seeing how you actually have a wheel i didn't notice, i like it, as you get a little value out of a bluff, and a lot of value if he has a real mitt.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:44 AM

nh..like mike said, no way he's laying a set and you may get a call from 2 pair.

though in reality, you probably never make these bets as bluffs.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:53 AM

I like it a LOT. This is exactly how I would play this hand. Obviously if I had the SBB I'd open-raise. Flop lead is standard. Turn is a check-call 'cause I wanna see the river. River action is a check because you've gotta let him bluff if he's got missed hearts, and the overbet is good for many reasons.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and

[ QUOTE ]
I CR allin

[/ QUOTE ]

= huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

im more likely to get called here by a thinking player than a mediocre 10-20 player, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that the villain has 45 here very often, therefore i think that you CANT be bluffing (at least not profitably), between the times that he calls w/ sets (not very often, only his higher ones), and the times when he has the nuts. A thinking player should be able to realize this and fold most of his hands. Thinking players dont go broke in limped in pots against the obvious nuts very often.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:11 AM

i really like this line too... depends how much you're going all in tough. might be better to raise to 900 or so depending on your image.