Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 10-22-2005, 08:45 PM

Default 1st hand, facing a limp reraise from UG with AK, do we give him credit

20$ MTT on UB, 1st hand.

Take into account that I believe that CEV = $EV here. (meaning that doubling up exactly doubles my chances of winning).

----------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------

quinnmob1 posts the small blind of 10.
BB posts 20

quinnmob1: Kc Ah

Pre-flop:

UG folds. UG+1 calls. UG+2 calls.
3 folds, CO cals
quinnmob1 raises to 160
160. BB folds,

UG re-raises to 540.
Folded to me.....

I hate my spot, I would have been much more comfortable if he had pushed. I think QQ-AA are obviously in his range, as well as AK. The question is, what else?

At this point, I am really not concerned about the fact that I am not hurt by folding. I am willing to take any EV neutral gamble and above. One, b/c I cant rule out the fact that he may have been drinking watching college football all day and have J9. Two, b/c many of the plays that I tend to find profitable on UB involve risking a lot of chips, so starting with 3000 is very adventageous for me.

So, what is your line, and why?
Old 10-22-2005, 09:05 PM

Default Re: 1st hand, facing a limp reraise from UG with AK, do we give him credit

Fold. I just can't imagine AQ here. If you include that in his range, and think he will call, then yeah sure, push. But with AK you have no implied odds for the flop, so if you want to get the money in, do it preflop. That being said, getting 150 bbs in preflop with AK just sucks to me, you are so rarely "ahead." I definitely fold here.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:17 PM

Default Re: 1st hand, facing a limp reraise from UG with AK, do we give him credit

I'd fold here, you are either a slight underdog, split pot, or way behind. I doubt that AQ is going to do this here, that bet screams AA-JJ or AKs, and you are behind every one of those hands. Muck it and take a note on this and watch how he plays future hands.