Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Re: (Very OT) Victory over Caffeine

The fact that a substance is addictive does not make it, in itself, harmful. Consider water -- we're all hopelessly addicted. I challenge you to point me to any conclusive medical evidence that caffeine is harmful to your body. Although I agree THC is one of the more benign recreational drugs (alcohol is way more harmful than pot), I think it's silly to say that coffee or caffeine is way more harmful than THC, even if we just define harm as "effects which interfere with your daily life."
Old 10-17-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that a substance is addictive does not make it, in itself, harmful. Consider water -- we're all hopelessly addicted. I challenge you to point me to any conclusive medical evidence that caffeine is harmful to your body. Although I agree THC is one of the more benign recreational drugs (alcohol is way more harmful than pot), I think it's silly to say that coffee or caffeine is way more harmful than THC, even if we just define harm as "effects which interfere with your daily life."

[/ QUOTE ]

Caffeine is a diuretic (sp?), and is well known to cause dehydration. Caffeine also raises heartrate, which is ok for some people, but not for others. So caffeine isn't the devil, but it's ignorant to think it's effects can't be harmful. Everything in moderation. Who cares which is more harmful between caffeine and THC? I hope this thread doesn't devolve into a flame war between potheads and (coffee)potheads...
Old 10-17-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
. I challenge you to point me to any conclusive medical evidence that caffeine is harmful to your body.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding right? In case you are not... Just google "caffeine". I think the first FAQ at the top of the list will give you all the info you need.

[ QUOTE ]
Consider water -- we're all hopelessly addicted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no you dit'n go there...

I never should have compared THC to caffeine. They both have harmful side effects, but its apples to watermellons.

I still intake caffeine now and again. It just isn't part of my daily life. I can't give up chocolate. I will have a caffeine beverage now and again too.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:03 PM

I drink a lot of coffee. A LOT.
I literally brew and consume a pot within several hours of waking up. A pot is ~4 mugs, and i brew that ish STRONG too.

Some days, i re-up in the afternoon.

I experience pounding headaches if i do not consume coffee.

I spend much of my day under-hydrated.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:08 PM

Yes, that was indeed damning. Some increase in bone loss, unless you drink milk or are not a woman. Decrease in suicide. Increase in athletic performance. Anti-oxidents (coffee) whatever the hell they do. Plus, it helps you poop. But, yes, that 200th cup of coffee might not be good for you.

Chronic use of THC has some very serious side effects, such as making its users very defensive about it.

Microbet
A very moderate caffeine user who would never think of denying you your vape.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, that was indeed damning. Some increase in bone loss, unless you drink milk or are not a woman. Decrease in suicide. Increase in athletic performance. Anti-oxidents (coffee) whatever the hell they do. Plus, it helps you poop. But, yes, that 200th cup of coffee might not be good for you.

Chronic use of THC has some very serious side effects, such as making its users very defensive about it.

Microbet
A very moderate caffeine user who would never think of denying you your vape.

[/ QUOTE ]

"It's like ray-E-ain on your wedding day.....Don't ya think.."
Old 10-17-2005, 09:18 PM

can we keep this open for the rest of the day and then you can lock it... please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I drink a lot of coffee. A LOT.
I literally brew and consume a pot within several hours of waking up. A pot is ~4 mugs, and i brew that ish STRONG too.

Some days, i re-up in the afternoon.

I experience pounding headaches if i do not consume coffee.

I spend much of my day under-hydrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was me 6 months ago. A pot in the morning, and a pot after lunch.

The good thing is that the headaches will be gone in 2-3 days. When I quit, they only lasted 1 day.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:41 PM

Fine [censored] caffeine who needs it but for real, leave weed out of this.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:59 PM

No, unlike rain on your wedding day, my post is ironic.

(not really because caffeine's not bad for you [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])