Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 01:46 AM

Default Re: The Sucker Project 2.0

I disagree, they will call you with KJ cuz they think you have a small pair and are trying to buy the pot. Or they'll call with a small pair cuz they think you have two broadway and they KNOW that their always slightly ahead. They also fold alot too, but I don't know what they have when they fold.

But saying that they will always fold KJ is not true.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But saying that they will always fold KJ is not true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those words never appeared in my reply. What I said was that I didn't see TOO MANY players that were dumb enough to call an all-in with KJ. I've seen it and worse, but not all that often to make me think that it happens with alot of frequency.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got AK again on this same table, pushed. AT called

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why i always pushed AK on the party 11 early on. sometimes youll get two players with decent aces coming along and youll triple up.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:34 AM

By just calling you disguise the strength of your hand a bit

See, Maybe this is where I am messing up then.

Why would I want to disguise the strength of my hand? I dont see AKs as an extremly strong hand post flop without flexing its muscles preflop. Sure if you hit TPTK or a flush draw or both then it is awesome... but how often does that happen.

he may c-bet into you when you have the best hand. Call is much better than minraise here.

More often then not you will whiff the flop. What then?

Whif + EP bets into you?
You can fold or push back or cold call again .. none of these feel good to me.

Whif + EP checks??
Push??
The pot would never be very large in this situation., so a push is fairly out of the question if you ask me. You are either way ahead or way behind if you whif.
Check??
Cold call flop then checking a whiffed flop would seem like weak-ass poker to me... is this possibly correct for this structure.
Bet??
Any amount opens you to a re-raise and you have to fold to a reraise. Tiny bet maybe?

Those are some of my reasons for not cold calling AKs . I am not saying I am right... only trying to show my thought process.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

More often then not you will whiff the flop. What then?

Whif + EP bets into you?
You can fold or push back or cold call again .. none of these feel good to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because you have AK doesn't mean you are obligated to win the pot.

[ QUOTE ]

Whif + EP checks??
Push??
The pot would never be very large in this situation., so a push is fairly out of the question if you ask me. You are either way ahead or way behind if you whif.
Check??
Cold call flop then checking a whiffed flop would seem like weak-ass poker to me... is this possibly correct for this structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you call that weak-ass poker? Sometimes passivity is correct!

[ QUOTE ]

Bet??
Any amount opens you to a re-raise and you have to fold to a reraise. Tiny bet maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes they fold, too...

[ QUOTE ]

Those are some of my reasons for not cold calling AKs . I am not saying I am right... only trying to show my thought process.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why any of the problems you describe wouldn't happen with a minraise post flop either. You still whiff 70% of the time and now you have to play a bigger pot with Ace high. Sure you are in position but you can actually bet and get raised and fold and still have a stack if you don't minraise. How is minraising and then checking behind any better?

No one is folding to your minraise. Also, if you let one of the blinds come in they are probably making a mistake and you also get the odds to come alone. Plus the pot is smaller preflop which is what you want with Ace high (assuming you don't get allin preflop).
Old 10-15-2005, 04:06 AM

I prefer either calling or pushing preflop, but I wouldn't push preflop in an $11. I'm not sure that calling is better, but if you extrapolate to a free game, calling is certainly better.

On the flop I don't really think it makes a big difference if you check or bet small like that. I think I prefer the small bet here, because I think he's likely to be a calling station and just pay you off on each street with any PP or draw or anything like that, then he is to make a big bluff with a hand you beat.

Was Pot_committed a gimmick 2+2 account for you?
Old 10-15-2005, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Show me why my roi is less the 5% at the 22s and 33s over the last couple k SngS... It is not that I don't believe it. I just don't understand it anymore. All I see are beats and monsters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow I'm not the only one. Over 934 SnG's (mostly $22's and $33's) I have an 8% ROI. Over the last 420 my ROI is below 0. Yet I don't see any big leaks. I play tight early and I push late, and I check my pushes with SNGPT and I do them OK. I keep getting sucked out on and losing as a favorite on the bubble, but at the moment I'm not even sure if I'm a winning player anymore.

I'm going to do a similar experiment. First two days no poker at all. Then I won't play for 2 more weeks, but I will read this forum and study old games. Then I'll start at the $11's and work my way up. I will rebuild my game and hopefully be good enough to at least beat the $33's when I'm done studying. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think this is definately +EV. First of all, if I have another day like I had yesterday, I will hate poker for the rest of my life. Secondly, what's the point of 8-10 tabling the $22's? Sure, they are 'easy' to beat (or so they say), but after some studying, I should be able to beat higher buy-in levels. I feel like 8 tabling the $22's is like 8 tabling .25/.50 limit games. It's pointless.. at that level you should learn and move up, not make as many hours as possible.