Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 03:14 PM

Default The Sucker Project 2.0

Original post (SP 1.0)
It begins!!!

I will now unveil an account sn I have kept secret from the forum.

Dust off your skin accounts and sweat my maiden set.

presenting
p0t_commit3d
Old 10-14-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: The Sucker Project 2.0

Trny:16456138
Level:1 Blinds(10/15)
Table 35064
Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: JazzBass04 ( $785 )
Seat 2: Mimmul ( $800 )
Seat 3: Dinda1 ( $860 )
Seat 4: bmrpoker ( $800 )
Seat 5: Yumie ( $800 )
Seat 6: shortfuse25 ( $785 )
Seat 7: malicous ( $800 )
Seat 8: likkerman_1 ( $800 )
Seat 9: ACJ777 ( $785 )
Seat 10: P0t_Commit3d ( $785 )
Trny:16456138 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to P0t_Commit3d [ Ks As ]
Dinda1 folds.
bmrpoker folds.
Yumie folds.
shortfuse25 folds.
malicous raises [70].
likkerman_1 folds.
ACJ777 folds.
P0t_Commit3d raises [125].

right away I am hit with a spot I hate. I min popped him back because I wanted to invest as little as possible, but still showing a lot of strength.

My other options are:
cold call.. I dont mind this with AKs, but I hate going to the flop with great position with a great hand without the lead.

Push- I have done this many times here. I stopped because I thought it may be a leak. Is it a leak at the 11s?

Fold- This isnt really an option at all.

JazzBass04 folds.
Mimmul folds.
malicous calls [55].

** Dealing Flop ** [ 3s, Ah, Ts ]

What an awesome flop...
malicous checks.

Now .. What I want here is automatic plays... not the perfect play with reads and such.

I stalled a little and bet a small amount trying to get action from him.

My other options are.

Check-slowplay- Why not? Well I like this, because my hand is great with the nut draw. I went for the small bet instead.

Push.. I like this if I think my opponent will call. I made it clear preflop I may have a monster. I don't think pushing here is better then a small bet or a free card.

>You have options at Table 35055 Table!.
P0t_Commit3d bets [75].
malicous folds.
P0t_Commit3d does not show cards.
P0t_Commit3d wins 350 chips

Ok no more posting hands while I am still playing..Just trying to wet your appetite.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
right away I am hit with a spot I hate. I min popped him back because I wanted to invest as little as possible, but still showing a lot of strength.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there's leak #1. The flop will miss you 60%+ of the time and people at the 11's like calling. What is the point of this? Just push, KJ will call.

[ QUOTE ]
cold call.. I dont mind this with AKs, but I hate going to the flop with great position with a great hand without the lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? What's wrong with not having the lead?

Either he has an ace and will call a bigger bet than 75, or he has no ace and will not call anything. Just check and give him a freebie if you feel like slowplaying, half his outs make you the nuts anyway.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:46 PM

In this situation, I think I check and see if you can get him to bet the turn. There are very few cards on the turn that are bad for you, if any, and with your reraise preflop, I don't think he's calling with alot of hands.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:58 PM

Well, there's leak #1. The flop will miss you 60%+ of the time and people at the 11's like calling. What is the point of this? Just push, KJ will call.

Ok so pushing AKs here is the best thing to do hands down?

my thought process was that I could make a c- bet on the flop and take it down when the flop misses him 60%+.

Or destory his Ax when he bets into me on an ace flop.

Either he has an ace and will call a bigger bet than 75, or he has no ace and will not call anything.

OK I dont understand this at all about low limit players. And forgive me.. I am not saying you are wrong I just dont understand.

You have made arguments now that my opponent will be tight when he needs to be on the flop, but preflop he will be a wild man. But you have also said that a lead with a c-bet isnt going to work.. why?

Either my opponent is going to be too loose too tight or just right.

OK... I have to stop here so I can concentrate on my games...
down to 3 tables.. I got AK again on this same table, pushed. AT called and 4flushed me... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe this is a leak in my game. I usually call here and then take action based on the flop and my opponents play. If the flop misses me and he checks, I'm betting about 1/2 the pot. If it misses me and he bets out, I likely fold as I still have chips and time. If it hits me and he bets, I raise to as much as I think he will call.

[ QUOTE ]

What an awesome flop...
malicous checks.

Now .. What I want here is automatic plays... not the perfect play with reads and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know that I like the slowplay at the 11's. I bet 1/2 the pot here, the same as I'll do if it misses me and he checks to me. You've shown a lot of strength preflop and with the A on the board he will call you on the flop if he is going to call you at all. And if he is going to call, he'll likely call 1/2 the pot if he is going to call 75.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Either he has an ace and will call a bigger bet than 75, or he has no ace and will not call anything.

OK I dont understand this at all about low limit players. And forgive me.. I am not saying you are wrong I just dont understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is one of the common weaknesses at the lower levels (e.g. 11's). 1st, they have a hard time letting go of pretty cards; 2nd, they hate to be bluffed. That's why there are so many bad beats at the Party 11's.

[ QUOTE ]

OK... I have to stop here so I can concentrate on my games...
down to 3 tables.. I got AK again on this same table, pushed. AT called and 4flushed me... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be concentrating on your game and making posts during post game analysis...
Old 10-14-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You have made arguments now that my opponent will be tight when he needs to be on the flop, but preflop he will be a wild man. But you have also said that a lead with a c-bet isnt going to work.. why?

[/ QUOTE ]

PF, they'll call gigantic amounts of chips with almost any two cards that look pretty. When an ace hits an otherwise pretty raggedy board, however, even an idiot is going to fold his K8o. Let them catch up.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:14 PM

this set is a perfect example of everything that goes wrong with my games.

Long HU game going on.
edit.. I managed to pull a 1st out of my ass in the last game.

I felt I made +EV plays for the most part in almost every single situation. Perfect? no no.

I will be posting all 4 tournies for review in entirety.

Show me why my roi is less the 5% at the 22s and 33s over the last couple k SngS... It is not that I don't believe it. I just don't understand it anymore. All I see are beats and monsters.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:21 PM

This may be the easiest hand in the world to double up with in an 11. Usually players at the 11s fall into two categories, shitforbrain lags, or lathargic calling stations. Against a lag you should underbet the pot (around 1/3) in order to show weakness. Most of the time they will push overtop of you against a calling station, i will usually overbet the pot if there is any type of draw out. As they are usually calling you down to the river.