Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Turning on the LAG gear

Super $150+12
Old 10-14-2005, 02:43 PM

You don't think that many party players would call here with QhQx / JhJx? Did you read villain as said "solid" LAG? I love the play, but I think there are other hands that may be calling you here depending on caliber of player. Either way, calling range is still very small.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:32 PM

Villain is the other, TAG, 2+2'er left in the tourney.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:34 PM

Perfect [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2005, 03:38 PM

Good LAG players don't play big pots with bad hands out of position.

PS: What is the point of your post?

PPS: SnG success doesn't translate to MTT success. . . at all.

PPPS: Hand reading?
Old 10-14-2005, 03:58 PM

Point of this post is it demonstrates a unique situation many players would pass up on without second thought and not realizing the situation at hand. It obviously didn't matter what hero held here as his stack size, his PF action, his image, the particular villain, and the board here open up a situation in which villain has a tiny hand range he can call with and the spot becomes very +EV. Many players would pass up on this spot, and being able to realize spots like this is a key to success.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:01 PM

When you are a LAG, don't you expect people to make amove on you. In this example, you are already all-in so he has all the pressure. I guess this is why you did that... On the other hand, you are risking 25k, to win 11k, I guess it's worth it?

What I would have done is bet 10k. He would have folded or raised all-in and I would have had the pressure on me, having a real thought decision to make (would have folded).

One more thing, is that a lower buy-ins (less than $50), people don't have that ability to lay down good hands. What would be the play?

One more thing, I read your two tournaments summary, that you won, congrats by the way and thanks for the info, but you don't seem to go all-in that often, you just bet hard very often on the flop. Is that hand different or is it only because of the opponent on this hand (you were conviced he would fold to this bet???)
Old 10-14-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that SnGs and MTTs aren't as similar as people like to think. The argument that they improve your final table play doesn't really hold much weight because of the HUGE difference in payout structure. I guess the real benefit is in three-handed and heads up play, where the payout is exactly the same.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and the spot becomes very +EV

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this was a final table, and those were the stack sizes, this play was not +EV.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that SnGs and MTTs aren't as similar as people like to think. The argument that they improve your final table play doesn't really hold much weight because of the HUGE difference in payout structure. I guess the real benefit is in three-handed and heads up play, where the payout is exactly the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got 29 final tables this year.

My finish breakdown starts with the numbers 9, 4, and 6.

edit: Yeah, this play would've been bad at a final table, for ICM-related reasons. There were about 4 tables left, though.