Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Re: The Sucker Project 1.0

The best play in poker is stealing the blinds now i dont mean raising em out i mean just getting up grabbing the blinds and running when u steal the blinds u cant lose its always +ev at least in the very short run.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:12 PM

My party Screen name is

TehBluffman
Old 10-13-2005, 05:14 PM

stupidsucker, my Party SnG hasn't gone to sh*t, because it has been sh*t since I started it (this month, hehe). I'd love to track your progress and learn anything I can from your exercise, and I'd like to sweat you if you PM me your screenname. I'm determined to master the Party $11 SnG...not for the money, but for the challenge (and hey, a few bucks in the pocket would be nice too).

I consider myself successful at the UB $11. But Party is kicking me in the behind.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK then,,, any advice to get things started?

Pitfalls to beware of?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, no advanced level concepts. If you're on the bubble as the bigstack, and there's a shorty who has 1 chip, don't move allin with any two cards, when some other guy makes a raise. THEY DON'T FOLD.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:25 PM

I think the $11s vary far more from table to table than the $22s-$55s.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:25 PM

computer games?
Old 10-13-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OK then,,, any advice to get things started?

Pitfalls to beware of?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, no advanced level concepts. If you're on the bubble as the bigstack, and there's a shorty who has 1 chip, don't move allin with any two cards, when some other guy makes a raise. THEY DON'T FOLD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adjusting to lower limits again has indeed proved more challenging then I thought. I am always itchy to play my bigstack.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:31 PM

Ok, this is probably a crazy suggestion, you probably shouldn't really do it, just do it as a thought experiment, but play some play money games. That would cure you of fancy plays.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
computer games?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to be a big gamer [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I was a guild leader in EQ.

Those days are long behind me now. I am assuming the link is due to my screename?
Old 10-13-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
time off time off time off...

I have to have some form of income. I could get a job, and I have considered it. I even wrote an email to a place I used to work, asking if they needed help with the season. That is extremly humbling.

Even with everything being as bad as it is I am still able to make ends meet with poker. I ran into a kink when one of my affiliates seems to have stopped paying... he owes me I think 3 months worth of rakeback...I havent worked all of this out yet, but I am at my patient breaking point. I am being positive that I will get paid, because my affiliate is a 2+2er.

go out with friends

Dont really have any. I jump at the chance to go out and meet new people when I get the chance, playing online poker for a living is very hermiting.

go take a girl to a movie
If it weren't for my girl I don't know where I would eb right now. We had some rocky times not long ago, but she has been an absolute pillar for me lately. She puts up with my ranting and my breakdowns.

have dinner with your parents

They live on the east coast, I live West Coast.

watch reruns of seinfeld

Been watching a lot of Cartoons and TV in my spare time. I went from seeing hardly any star trek to being an absolute nerd treky.

I think you should take some time away from SNGs and play NL cash games

I tried this , and after my first bad beat I stopped. I thought it would be nice to play some easy NL and clear a bonus. Party/skins have made bonuses hardly worth it now. I want to focus on a low variance game with limited BR needed. SnGs are the place for me right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

go get a job waiting tables for a while. it will cause you to actually earn your money, and put into perspective how fortunate you have been over the last several years. furthermore, it will provide you with a steady income, and a solid group of friends. I know well over 1000 people in this city my age. I'd say 60% of it came from being in a big fraternity in a big college town, but at least 40% has come from the 3 years that i worked in restaurants. The restaraunt industry is basically a bunch of people who are just out of college, but are not ready to give up on that part of their life.