Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 03:57 PM

Default The Sucker Project 1.0

My game has apparently gone to [censored].

I am embarrased because I used to have it all together, and I was thought of as a respected poster. Those days have gone. New people have come to the board, and as far as they are concerned I am a raving lunatic of bad beats, complaints, and a shakey temperment.

My goal is an ongoing "project" to get my game back to where it was and better. I have played more SnGs then 95% of the people who frequent this board.

I have so many bad study habits, and now I have no one to blame but myself and bad luck.

I am going to pretend that everything I know about SnGs is wrong, and start from scratch for the most part. I am going to post Full HHs and also hands of importance.

I hope to attach a few respected posters to this project and really get the forum involved.

OK getting started...

I will be 4-tabling 10+1 party SnGs in sets of 4. I can't afford to play 1 ata time. If I can't beat the 11s 4tabling then I shouldnt be playing this game.
I will be using a super-tight early/pushbot late strategy.

This project will be what we make of it. It has potential to fix my game and help anyone in the future going through a similar situation.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: The Sucker Project 1.0

dude, take a week off or something. go out with friends, go take a girl to a movie, have dinner with your parents, watch reruns of seinfeld. anything that's not playing poker. you might be over analyzing the situation too much, and trying to force things that don't need to be.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:06 PM

I think you should take some time away from SNGs and play NL cash games
Old 10-13-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think thats good advice (the second part that is). I don't know about sucker, but NL cash is the last thing I should do when I am down in the dumps about my SNG game. At least in an SNG, I can only lose the buy-in.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:21 PM

This may be a very helpful project to refocus yourself. My only weak recommendation is to change your avatar to something else or back to the old chip.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:30 PM

time off time off time off...

I have to have some form of income. I could get a job, and I have considered it. I even wrote an email to a place I used to work, asking if they needed help with the season. That is extremly humbling.

Even with everything being as bad as it is I am still able to make ends meet with poker. I ran into a kink when one of my affiliates seems to have stopped paying... he owes me I think 3 months worth of rakeback...I havent worked all of this out yet, but I am at my patient breaking point. I am being positive that I will get paid, because my affiliate is a 2+2er.

go out with friends

Dont really have any. I jump at the chance to go out and meet new people when I get the chance, playing online poker for a living is very hermiting.

go take a girl to a movie
If it weren't for my girl I don't know where I would eb right now. We had some rocky times not long ago, but she has been an absolute pillar for me lately. She puts up with my ranting and my breakdowns.

have dinner with your parents

They live on the east coast, I live West Coast.

watch reruns of seinfeld

Been watching a lot of Cartoons and TV in my spare time. I went from seeing hardly any star trek to being an absolute nerd treky.

I tried this , and after my first bad beat I stopped. I thought it would be nice to play some easy NL and clear a bonus. Party/skins have made bonuses hardly worth it now. I want to focus on a low variance game with limited BR needed. SnGs are the place for me right now.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I can't beat the 11s 4tabling then I shouldnt be playing this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. LOL!

In all reality I like the sounds of this project. Take it down bro!
Old 10-13-2005, 04:32 PM

I'm beginning to believe that the 'tear down everything you know and rebuild' approach should be a quarterly exercise for all players. At least semi-annually. I think it's healthy. As long as you don't tear down the good parts, of course.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:37 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like a good idea to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That confirms it.

You now, HAVE to go ahead with this plan stupidsucker.

LOL!