Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Re: god damn it..

[ QUOTE ]
your trying to cheer him up and calm him and you DONT include a pic. dude, he probably just decided life's no longer worth living.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

I am almost to the point where this is closer to true then it is funny. Poker has messed with my brain a ton.

I went from a 10k sample size of 25% roi poker to a 3k sample size of 1% roi poker, and everyone else seems to be pulling money off trees and making posts about how easy it is.

They should come up with an offical poker term for being mentaly exahusted by ridiculocity.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your trying to cheer him up and calm him and you DONT include a pic. dude, he probably just decided life's no longer worth living.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm on strike due to ace_in_the_hole's incessent blathering about how he can't win and stuff. But okay, you're right.

Yugoslav
Old 10-13-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

They should come up with an offical poker term for being mentaly exahusted by ridiculocity.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have, it's called tilt. Take a break and get out for a few days.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a 3k sample size of 1% roi poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Post entire hand histories. Hands aren't enough, something's really wrong with your game right now.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a 3k sample size of 1% roi poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Post entire hand histories. Hands aren't enough, something's really wrong with your game right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be happy to share anything. I am at my wits end. It isnt gradual. I make good money with what seems like normal variance for 1 week. then the next week I have a - 30% roi for 100 games.

The stats I posted were an exagerated guess. I will take some time to get exact stats. The downswing began in may after I won my WSOP seat. Perhaps I got some kind of god complex after winning. I dont feel that way
, but I can not understand this.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They have, it's called tilt. Take a break and get out for a few days.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know... It was a lame attempt to be funny on my part...sorry.

I will start an offical project soon where everyone that wants to participate can. I suck at life right now. Pride is the only thing keeping me from getting a "real job".

I am on tilt, but I dont have the luxury of taking time off from poker because I feel like crap.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:04 PM

Sucker, I agree with Adanthar...

This happens to me often where I think I am just running badly...then, I will get over myself for a few minutes and start to really analyze my game and realize I have morphed, slowly, into a donk/maniac. I am not saying that YOU are either of these, but I am merely pointing out that we or _I_ slip into very bad habits, so gradually, that we harldy noticed tham developing.

Getting your game out into the open for others to see is always helpful. Also, I try to play everygame as though one of you guys were watching...because my own voice inside my head only tells me "call, he doesnt have it...push, he'll fold" You need to hear some objective criticism maybe. Plus you're doing this for income, so its important you post some hands/HHs...

sorry for the tough love...And you have more SNGs under your belt than I do, but it always helps to get a fresh look.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will be happy to share anything. I am at my wits end. It isnt gradual. I make good money with what seems like normal variance for 1 week. then the next week I have a - 30% roi for 100 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...that would happen with a true 1% ROI. That's the whole point; you're playing a breakeven game and the swings amplify.

I'm serious - post 2 or 3 whole tournaments. I think you've developed a ton of leaks somewhere lately, because there's no way that is variance.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I went from a 10k sample size of 25% roi poker to a 3k sample size of 1% roi poker, and everyone else seems to be pulling money off trees and making posts about how easy it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the same buy-in?
Old 10-13-2005, 03:43 PM

Why even bother to respond to a "party is rigged" thread - let alone a long reply?
Old 10-13-2005, 03:43 PM

I will be happy to post every single tournament I played yesterday. If you can look at them and tell me I am a 1% roi player then go for it.

It is improbable that this is variance.

It isnt impossible.

My brain got messed up somewhere.

Look for the Sucker Project.