Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Cap This River?

I like how you played this hand on all streets.

A lot of people will disagree with the pfr but it lets you take control of the hand plus it gives you more $$ when sb folds for 1 bet on the flop most of the time.

Oh yeah, don't cap river.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:52 PM

If I'm the villain, I'd be 3-betting the flop with A5, 54, 52, 42, maybe 43, any overpair (though they should have been raised PF heads up.) All those hands (expect big overpairs) are very vulnerable on this board. I believe you're safe on this river.

I'd expect to see top-two pair with a big kicker. You didn't react to the 8...so he probably believes it didn't help you and he's punishing you for a draw.

Save for the raise pre-flop and on the flop, I like the way you played it.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:12 PM

I don't mind the reasoning behind the PFR but there aren't too many hands worse than 83s HU.
But having raised pre flop, your plan goes south when bet in to on the flop. SB has made something or suspects strongly that you have not.
The raise is fine in my opinion - for the free card possibilities, to assert authority and to a lesser extent - information. Plan goes even further south when you're 3bet. You have your info. SB has definitely made something stronger than a pair. 2 pair, str8, trips.
Turn - fine.
River - fine. I think you're winning this showdown like never. The no hesitation 3 bet was a death siren, I expect boat or str8 95%.[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Edit: The only time you save bets here, is if SB shows you his cards on the flop.