Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: $33 A full HH

the only real hand that jumped out at me (as i was half way watching) was the hu j6s push with the chip lead. this guy had already shown a propensity to call down with absolute garbage and the blinds were not very big compared to your stack ie. fe low, risk/reward ratio high.

then again, i probably play a less aggressive hu game than many here.

overall, gg, imo.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you got pretty lucky this tournament

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really mean this, then you might as well say you need to get lucky to win a SnG. Period.

I didnt get an over abundance of big hands, I didnt have any miraculous suckouts. There are going to be river suckouts and suckouts all around in every single SnG I play(for the most part)

Id say if I didnt get at least a big hand here or there when I needed it, then I am extremely unlucky.

This SnG seemed very uneventful, but lucky? that says to me that if I played it the same way over and over I would lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't play the same SnG over and over again. Sometimes you double up level 1 and sometimes you don't get AQ when you are in the BB with 3.5xBB. That's the way the cards fall.

I wasn't saying that you played bad. Just that you should be happy that you ran into a guy willing to double you up HU (not only once but twice) by calling with J2 or whatever it was and so on.

As for uneventful, the only hand that is interesting because there are more than one way to play it was the A9s hand UTG. The rest you pretty much had to do what you then did.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The rest you pretty much had to do what you then did.

[/ QUOTE ]

imo this is the base of SnG play... the outcome is all variance. The cards you get when you get them and the action you get is all variance. You simply do what you got to do with what you get.

I am on tilt. I dont see what I can do much to help my roi lately, and have a big time dealing with 2500 games being variant [censored].

There has to be a major leak somewhere that is repeating itself. Damn it. I am going to find it.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The rest you pretty much had to do what you then did.

[/ QUOTE ]

imo this is the base of SnG play... the outcome is all variance. The cards you get when you get them and the action you get is all variance. You simply do what you got to do with what you get.

I am on tilt. I dont see what I can do much to help my roi lately, and have a big time dealing with 2500 games being variant [censored].

There has to be a major leak somewhere that is repeating itself. Damn it. I am going to find it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It most likely isn't early game. Even if you give up some EV by playing supertight it won't make a huge dent in your ROI (though I think it will be more and more important in SnGs since even bad players as a group will slowly adjust to pushbotting in the long run).

For a 2+2er who is having problems, my guess is overagreesion on the bubble. But the HH you posted you seemed pretty patient (but then again you didn't get many hands that would potentially get you in trouble with that).
Old 10-01-2005, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For a 2+2er who is having problems, my guess is overagreesion on the bubble. But the HH you posted you seemed pretty patient (but then again you didn't get many hands that would potentially get you in trouble with that).

[/ QUOTE ]

These were my thoughts as well. I am playing super tight early with the exception of being extra aggressive with JJ and even TT at times. My full months results are posted in the Goals thread. You will see that my ITM dist is very bottom heavy(3rds). My bubble stats are not healthy either.

This could very well mean that I am not being aggressive enough OR too aggressive... I honestly think at times it is both and this is my problem. I keep over correcting one for the other and ending up in the same spot.