Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 01:45 PM

Default $33 A full HH

Copy/paste for the replayer.

Let me know what you think. I am at the end of a 30 buy in downswing... again.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: $33 A full HH

1) Your avatar is scaring me
2) You gave 'omaha_stakes' far too much credit for hands all tourney. Think about it, you are to him the equivalent of what most fish are to you.
3) Otherwise pretty standard and generally well played. You seem to have a decent grasp on loose/tightness based on stack sizes.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:11 PM

2) You gave 'omaha_stakes' far too much credit for hands all tourney. Think about it, you are to him the equivalent of what most fish are to you.

care to elaborate with an example?

I am getting crushed(1% roi) right now for 2500 games, and I am playing gereraly just like this.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:08 PM

I would have pushed the K5 hand from the button with 150 blinds. Otherwise I would probably have played it the same.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:14 PM

Oooooh full HHs:

Level 1:

Booooooooring

Level 2:

33 UTG+1 - Nice fold!

Level 3:

52s BB - Nice fold on the flop. A lot of people lose money here.

Level 4:

KJo Button - Nice push!

T8s BB - Nice flop push!

A9s UTG - Good fold, I think it was close but good.

Level 5:

T7o SB - Misclick leaving yourself 100? Good push if it was a misclick though.

K5o Button - I'd push here normally especially because omaha seems to be happy pushing and not getting called, so he's not going to be looking to call you with air.

Level 6:

AQs BB - Nice!

ATs UTG - Good push!

A4o BB - Nice fold, no reason to get involved here.

Level 7:

JJ SB - I would just push here rather than get cutesy, because getting cutesy looks more suspicious and he'll fold more often I think. You'd love a call so I'd just push.

A6o Button - Are you going to fold if NeverLoseLi repops you getting 3:1ish with A6? I think this raise to 1000 puts you in a bad spot and I'd just push here.

Heads up, Level 7:

Q3s SB - Good push! You've got a suited Q and you need the chips.

Q5o SB - I like this push too. I'm shocked you got a call by a worse hand though!

J6s SB - I think I'd prefer a complete/fold here. You've got the stack now and you're not desperate so I think that you should slow down a bit and not give him a chance to come back, especially when the blinds are relatively low right now and will be at 200/400 in a hand or two and you want to conserve your pushing power for then.

Heads up, Level 8:

99 SB - Booyah!

96s SB - I think the fold is good here. He's shown himself to be a folder when it's his SB so giving up the odd one is okay, and this guy has made some pretty hairy calls against you. Against a more aggressive opponent in the SB I'd push, and against a more sane caller opponent I'd push.

J2o SB - Nice push! J-high could be best (as it was) and you just gave him one so this one looks a little scarier.

J5o SB - I like this push because if he can fold you've got a nice chiplead on him and can keep the pressure on.

T8o BB - Nice check-call line! Woot!

K2s SB - No brainer!

Q3o SB - Nice push, and nice tournament!

I think you played really well, missed one push but otherwise really clean game!

I don't know what the other poster in this thread was talking about re: omaha, are you supposed to be calling his UTG pushes with K9??! You didn't make a single mistake against him except missing the K5 push.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:30 PM

Nice HH. I would have played this almost identicaly apart from folding 44 in level 2. (i like to see cheap flops with pocket pairs) and I would have pushed the JJ. But apart from that it was good. Well done on being victorius.
Old 10-01-2005, 05:45 PM

OK there is not any obvious leak here that is keeping me from having a good run then. I will post some more hands. I wanted to post this because it is a good example of how tight I play early and what I will and won push.

Now I will put together some replayer hands.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:28 PM

nm: misread the blinds. Hand Replayer displays twice the actual blinds.

I think you got pretty lucky this tournament (got the big hands when you were desperate, had the guy go out on the bubble with a rivered 7, had an opponent HU that called all-ins with crap) but you played well. I think I would have played pretty much the same. Not a whole lot of interesting situations in this game though.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you got pretty lucky this tournament

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really mean this, then you might as well say you need to get lucky to win a SnG. Period.

I didnt get an over abundance of big hands, I didnt have any miraculous suckouts. There are going to be river suckouts and suckouts all around in every single SnG I play(for the most part)

Id say if I didnt get at least a big hand here or there when I needed it, then I am extremely unlucky.

This SnG seemed very uneventful, but lucky? that says to me that if I played it the same way over and over I would lose.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
K5o Button - I'd push here normally especially because omaha seems to be happy pushing and not getting called, so he's not going to be looking to call you with air.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about pushing this, if I remember. I guess I figured that most of my + EV came from winning the blinds, and 150 in chips just seemed to be a bit unneeded. I like my spot later rather then now.

This may very well be my biggest problem in SnGs now. I know that I used to push this, but I let it go a lot now.