Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 01:53 PM

Default I suck (3/6 hand)

After running at 5 BB/100 for the last 5000 hands, I guess a shitty day was due. And today was awful. This hand made me call it a day. I was tilting. Please tell me that I suck and more important why.

SB is 51/11/0.5 over 40 hands.
MP is 20/16/2.9 over 650 hands.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB folds, MP calls.

River: (16.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB
Old 09-20-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: I suck (3/6 hand)

This really isn't a bad line at all. I guess an argument for a flop raise could be made to protect against 4 outers, but charging more on the turn is pretty good. SB got owned. AA isn't too probable. There are more two pair and set hands you beat than hands that beat you on the turn, so I like the cap.

If he beat you (whether it's AA, QT, or maybe Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], the only likely flushes), so be it. Don't beat yourself up over this hand, though. You played it rather well, IMO.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:04 PM

But I dont think you suck too bad.
That said consider raising the flop too make it unprofitable for SB to call with a gutshot. Waiting for the turn to raise is probably not too bad though as he would probably call with it anyway, and pot is not too massive.
Apart from that I find nothing to critizice. No way to put MP on AA and if he had an unlikely QT you still have many outs on the turn. River... [censored] happens. When he checks you have to bet and most times he pays you off instead.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:17 PM

Also, your opponent probably should've led the river if he has you beat (and he must have, since this post is very defeatist). I'd have a hard time not raising the river against this guy. Even if you lose, I think you're up against JJ, AK, or AJ more often than not. 3/6 players are stupid. Most won't register your turn cap as beating these hands.

Maybe I'm wrong about raising if led into. I'm rather new to using PT stats as a barometer for these situations, but how often is a 20/16 guy raising with QT?
Old 09-20-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please tell me that I suck and more important why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you are results oriented.

/mc
Old 09-20-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please tell me that I suck and more important why.

[/ QUOTE ]

/mc

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha. I missed that last sentence of his. What mc said.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:36 PM

nh.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2005, 02:44 PM

MP played his hand strange w/ the river check raise. I could see him going to war on the flop w/ a flush draw and a pair (although we didnt give him the chance to) but it seems silly that he'd cap the turn headsup w/ a flush draw. Since he didn't cap pf, he either has AA that he disguised rather well or QT for the flopped straight. I dont think we see a flush here that often. Also, i raise the flop, call a 3 bet, and then raise/3bet/cap/whatever the turn when this blank hits.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:02 PM

Thanks to those who responded.

MP had Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

My own thoughts about the hand -

Flop. As others have already pointed out, I called on the flop to charge more on the turn. I normally wouldn't do this, with both a possible made straight and a flush draw mocking me. I was hoping for a blank turn so I could charge more. I excluded AA for the same reason I exclude monsters under my bed, hoping for JJ or AK.

Turn. Everything is probably standard until he 3-bets me, but I think it's a close line between just calling and capping here. Looking a little further into MP's stats, he has an AF of 5.2 (over 150 actions, I know it's not much) on his turn play, so with that in mind, perhaps my turn cap was mandatory.

River. Why the heck did he check? Did he really believe I just made my flush the way I played the turn? If so, he must have put me on Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], but then he check-raised me and I crycalled. This street is where I keep second-guessing myself. I keep telling myself I should have checked behind (easy to say when the hand is over with), but then again his check here was so weird that I'm just puzzled. I did not even remotely put him on a flush.

And yes, I am somewhat results oriented. I know it sucks and I'm trying to kick the habit. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]