Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Poolhall Junkies

Lame story line. Lame characters. That said, there are some great lines. 90 minutes of fun. It's the Rounders of pool.

Codewarrior gives it a thumbs up.

Old 08-15-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Poolhall Junkies

Completely agree. It's one of my favourite "lesser-known" movies. I believe I bought it for no other reason but the fact that Walken was in it, which has been a pretty successful buying strategy for me so far.

[ QUOTE ]
"You watch those nature documentaries on the cable? You see the one about lions? You got this lion. He's the king of the jungle, huge mane out to here. He's laying under a tree, in the middle of Africa. He's so big, it's so hot. He doesn't want to move. Now the little lions come, they start messing with him. Biting his tail, biting his ears. He doesn't do anything. The lioness, she starts messing with him. Coming over, making trouble. Still nothing. Now the other animals, they notice this. They start to move in. The jackals; hyenas. They're barking at him, laughing at him. They nip his toes, and eat the food that's in his domain. They do this, then they get closer and closer, bolder and bolder. Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the [censored] out of everybody. Runs like the wind, eats everything in his path. Cause every once in a while, the lion has to show the jackals, who he is."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-15-2005, 01:01 PM

Disclaimer: I would probably pay $15 for a movie with a cast of complete unknowns playing pool. Even though there are no surprises, no brilliant performances, some lame sub-plot (and mail plot) elements, this flick still has some redeeming qualities. It has a good Walken monologue, a greazey Palminteri bad guy, a Mike "the Tennesee Tarzan" Massey cameo, and it was Rod Steiger's last picture. I chalk it up under "guilty pleasure".
Old 08-15-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Disclaimer: I would probably pay $15 for a movie with a cast of complete unknowns playing pool. Even though there are no surprises, no brilliant performances, some lame sub-plot (and mail plot) elements, this flick still has some redeeming qualities. It has a good Walken monologue, a greazey Palminteri bad guy, a Mike "the Tennesee Tarzan" Massey cameo, and it was Rod Steiger's last picture. I chalk it up under "guilty pleasure".

[/ QUOTE ]

very true. Fun, don't admit to it though, and you're good.

Speaking of pool, I might have mentioned this once before, but if you play do yourself a favor and check out "banking with the beard". Great stuff and there's a one-pocket runout by bugs rucker that will leave you shaking your head. (8 banks in a row for the win)
Old 08-15-2005, 01:19 PM

can't be all bad with chazz and walken in it.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:59 PM

This movie makes Rounders look like 8 1/2.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:40 PM

i still occasionally pull the shot to drink hustle from this movie when out at the bars.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:47 PM

i've thought about it before but never really pulled it off. what's the general reaction? people pay up? get pissed?
Old 08-15-2005, 02:47 PM

hey, this post looks familiar. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey, this post looks familiar. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Deja vu all over again... Looks like Asofel took your advice on Freddie's book. I still haven't had a chance to pick it up, but it's on my list. We really do need a 2+2 billy-ards donkfest.