Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 10:42 PM

Default Re: What a difference Hellmuth Makes

Yes he's a little annoying. But thats part of what makes him intetresting to watch and to listen to. To see what he will say next. And his analysis is much better than anyone doing it now.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:40 PM

What turned me into a Hellmuth fan, really, was the fact he took so much time out of his personal life to contribute to the CardPlayer final table radio broadcast into the wee, wee hours of the morning. And keep in mind, that morning was his birthday. And he's giving a really enjoyable final table broadcast. That says things.

I also totally agree with his opinion on why it would be silly to play Negreanu HU for any large sum of money.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:43 AM

Phil is by far the best commentator I've heard, so I think your wrong. He really brought the audio commentary of the WSOP ME to life, and his commentating is very in depth and intelligent. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2005, 12:46 AM

Being annyoing is in way interesting to me. It is, as it turns out, actually just annoying. If i want to watch someone be arrogant and obonxious i'll just turn on Real World or something. And i don't think his analysis was anywhere near as good as Lindgren.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:24 AM

I wasn't referring to lindgren or anyone from the audio at the wsop. I didn't catch much of the broadcast. I was referring to all the guys on tv.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:30 AM

Well i don't necessarily agree it was so nice of him to take time out of his busy schedule. I think Phil is thinking business and wants to broadcast one day maybe. And keep his name in the limelight and well known to sell books and other such things.

Btw what did he say about playing the HU matches against daniel? Does he think he plays better than daniel? And why did he say it was silly? Thanks for your response.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:32 AM

I didn't here the broadcast but bet lindgren is a better player than Phil H and probably much more insightful than Phil. But i also bet it would be more fun listening to hellmuth each week to see what he says and does. Lindgren is a more of a meat and potatoes guy.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:05 AM

That commerical is funny the first 2 times..but it's on EVERY commercial break...ahh
Old 07-29-2005, 03:21 AM

???? are you referring to a comercial if so which? Or are you trying to be sarcastic in response to my saying Eric L. is probably a better player than Phil H. If the latter go ask Daniel N. who the better player is.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
???? are you referring to a comercial if so which? Or are you trying to be sarcastic in response to my saying Eric L. is probably a better player than Phil H. If the latter go ask Daniel N. who the better player is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Original poster mentioned how the Hellmuth/Duke commercial was humorous. I said I thought it was funny but it got repetitve quickly...