Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2005, 01:44 AM

Default The donkbet trifecta - AKA WTF am I doing?

After playing this hand I realized that I didn't really think things through very much while I was playing it. More importantly, I donk-betted all 3 streets! Anyway. . .

I don't have a ton of hands on either of these guys. They played pretty much like you would expect them too given their PT stats. UTG is a sLAG preflop but more passive postflop (34/20/1.15). He goes to showdown a lot. MP is more classic LAGy, aggressive after the flop also (54/23/2.4). He also doesn't like to fold and will try to slowplay his bigger hands.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (16.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Final Pot: 25.70 BB

I'm most interested in comments on the flop and turn. I bet the flop expecting to get raised, planning the get some more money in on the turn. When the 3rd club hit, I bet out to try to prevent any clubs from getting any free cards. Should I have 3-bet the flop? Played the turn differently?
Old 05-14-2005, 02:31 AM

Default Re: The donkbet trifecta - AKA WTF am I doing?

I am just some 1/2 newb but I think I woulda have 3 bet the flop.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:34 AM

Default Re: The donkbet trifecta - AKA WTF am I doing?

Yeah, I don't know why I decided I wanted to checkraise the turn. I was sure someone would bet and that they wouldn't fold to my c/r, but I'm still not sold on my line.