Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 04-22-2005, 02:24 AM

Default Some interesting spots

#1 - Assume that the table is of at least normal aggression.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="green">Hero...?</font>

Call or fold?

#2 - About a minute after the hand was over the PT autoload came in and I really messed this one up. Since I had no idea what the villian was like, take him as a lovely unknown.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="green">Hero...?</font>

Check or bet?

Always appreciated.

Brad
Old 04-22-2005, 02:27 AM

Default Re: Some interesting spots

hand 1

a call isnt bad especially with a hand that will play itself post flop

hand 2

bet
Old 04-22-2005, 02:27 AM

In Hand #1 I think this is a call. Another guy stuck in the middle there and I'm definitely calling. Still, even with this case I think you can make it up postflop and more (I'd like to add that I think you said somewhere to never fold a pair in the BB at most tables [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

In Hand #2 I'm inclined to bet because SB smells a bit of overcards to nines.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:28 AM

Hand 1 is there some kind of trick or something?

Hand 2 I would bet all day. Unknown can easily have overcards and you also may have him reverse dominated.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:55 AM

hand1: you are getting an immediate 10/3 that will likely be 12/3 .. you need to make up about 9BB(10/1 .. since you only win around 75% of the time with a set) if all 3 just call down its 7.5BB so I don't think getting 9 will be too difficult

hand2:3betting out of the SB usually means business something like AA-TT, AK-AJ most 2/4's are pretty passive, especially when raising out of the blinds, I think that is a fairly reasonable range .. open to opinions on it

27combos of bigpairs, 24combos of Ax .. getting raised on this turn would really suck, and I think the AK-AJ will take a stab at the pot on the river if you check behind here
Old 04-22-2005, 02:57 AM

Hand 1. I was thinking fold, but with 4 opponents in the pot it might be ok to call because implied odds are huge if you flop a set.

Hand 2. Easy bet. I agree with what others have said about this hand. SB looks like overs to me. Unless he's tricky.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:12 AM

I fold the first hand. If there were more peole involded I would call. But not 4 handed with 77 capepd preflop.

I would bet the turn in Hand. I think you just called the flop to raise the turn, so why not bet with the rag coming and him checking.
The chances for a check-raise are very slim, and don't give him a free card if he sits on overcards.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:49 AM

I'm going to respond before reading other replies.

#1 I would fold.

For #2, I think you quite likely have Villain reverse-dominated. I would bet. Maybe he's being tricky and will checkraise, but I think he'll call with overcards now, and you might not get anything out of him on the river anyway.

Okay, let's see what others have said.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:05 AM

The 1st hand really isn't that interesting. There is only one acceptable answer imo.

The 2nd choice really is more interesting then people seem to be making it out to be.

Brad
Old 04-22-2005, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a call isnt bad especially with a hand that will play itself post flop

[/ QUOTE ]

To some extent it will. But we could get tied to the pot chasing a set (or gutshot, on a coordinated board). Also, the chances of flopping a set and losing to a better one increase with this preflop action.

Also, when this much money goes in preflop, that cuts into our implied odds, especially since we could catch a set and still lose.

But if we do flop a set, we can expect a lot of action, since our opponents apparently have great hands. So I don't think calling is so bad, though I would fold.