Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 04-04-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Super Sweet, or icky FPS - TT in the SB vs. a weak-tightie

I haven't posted a hand in a long time, but this one made me feel icky.

I've played a lot of hands with UTG+1, and he's pretty much a weak-tightie. PT #'s = 11/2.5/1.3, after ~350 hands. He's not an idiot however. He could easily be raising a flush draw on the flop here.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls???.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

What do you think?

I'm really not sure what the best line is here, but I think I probably should have (in white): <font color="#FFFFFF">folded to the flop raise</font>
Old 04-04-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Super Sweet, or icky FPS - TT in the SB vs. a weak-tightie

Weak tight? Next hand please.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:38 PM

Ugly flop for you. It has straight and flush draws (though a straight draw isn't likely from a tight player in EP.

Flop looks like raise or fold decision. If you put him on a flush draw, then raise. If he caps then I'd fold the turn UI. By not raising and then checking the turn you don't know what his inevitable turn bet means.

I really don't like the turn c/r. There are now two overcards and a new straight draw out there, just in case he isn't already ahead. I doubt you're folding him here.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:55 PM

If your going to call the flop, you're saying "Im waiting for the blank before I play this hard".

Unfortunetely the blank didn't come, so you should check/fold.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:02 PM

I've played a lot of hands with UTG+1, and he's pretty much a weak-tightie. He could easily be raising a flush draw on the flop here.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Weak-tight players don't raise flush draws. They check and call with draws. They bet and call with good hands and they raise with awesome hands. They destroy weak opponents and they lose against solid players. When the weak tighty raises the flop the hand should be over. You are looking at AJ/KJ/QQ or better.

Brad
Old 04-05-2005, 12:08 AM

Well, at least I know that my ickiness meter is working properly.

But.... I got lucky. He must have folded a J of some sort.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Results below:
No showdown. Hero wins 8.50 BB.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:58 AM

If you think he's raising a flush draw or AK on the flop, you should definitely bet the turn (and fold to a raise), not check-raise since he's checking through draws (if he was going for the free card) and only betting his made hands.