Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 03-11-2005, 02:25 PM

Default would like to get $50 for playing 300 stud hands on absolute but...

there are ZERO real money players at the high tables, and only ONE table of $1/2 open at H/L.

damn and that was my excuse to start learning the game.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: would like to get $50 for playing 300 stud hands on absolute but...

[ QUOTE ]
get $50 for playing 300 stud hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Is Absolute running a promo to get people to play stud?

Why?
Old 03-11-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: would like to get $50 for playing 300 stud hands on absolute but..

they sent a mailer out to members which included a "$75 for $50" coupon as well as the aforementioned stud offer. 300 raked hands at $1/2 is about $21 in exchange for $50 unrestricted cash back so I thought I might take a stab at it.

I played 7-stud high for plastic chips when I was a kid - but H/L doesn't seem like something I could pick up in a day or two. oh well.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: would like to get $50 for playing 300 stud hands on absolute but...

I was thinking the same thing, and hope there will be some tables within a few days. I did take on the Omaha bonus to learn Hi/Lo Omaha, and it was a very good experience. Remember that you will get a very good bonus on these 300 hands, both the 50 dollar cash and the 30 dollar for playing 300 raked hands.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played 7-stud high for plastic chips when I was a kid - but H/L doesn't seem like something I could pick up in a day or two. oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zee's book is great, although I really only paid attention to the OMaha8 section. I know little about stud hi/lo, but I'll tell you what I do know:

Like HE, starting hand's are key. you want 3 cards all below 7, or 3 to a straight/flush.

you want hands that can scoop the whole pot..which is why the best hands are the ones that can make a wheel, or freeroll against weak high hands.

if your 4th card is a 'brick' (like a J, if you start w/ 256), then you should probably fold.

you need to remeber all the up/folded cards, as you'll need this info for proper pot odds. I think Poker office does this.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:04 PM

I must have deleted that e-mail thinking it was just their weekly bonus announcement. So this open to everyone?

I haven't play stud in years, but for $80 bucks, I'll play 300 hands. (assuming they have games going)

I am wondering why they're worried about increasing their stud traffic, when if they just fixed their software they'd have a huge increase in their Hold em traffic. (Preaching to the choir, I know.)
Old 03-11-2005, 06:03 PM

the absolute offer came through snail mail, along with a plastic "member card" which has your username and account number (you'll need this to redeem the $50 via e-mail).

I'll check again tonight but I it is very doubtful that they can generate enough stud traffic to play more than one real money table at a time, and you need to play at least $1/2 limits to qualitfy. that's 5-6 hours for $30 of net action? pass...

not to mention I still have like $600 in regular bonus still pending to clear at regular hold em, which is a game I can already win at.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there are ZERO real money players at the high tables, and only ONE table of $1/2 open at H/L.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to depend heavily on when you look. A lot of the time, it's dead, as you say. During mid-late evening (US time) though, there have been a decent number of players at the Stud-8 $1/2 tables. I strongly suspect most of them were there for the promotion only. I managed to get through the 300 hands in a couple of nights without too much trouble. One thing I noticed was that on the second night, there were two full tables with people waiting and no other empty ones available. Absolute is screwy about that sometimes. Once there were no full ring $2/4 hold em tables at all (empty or otherwise) available. I emailed them and they added some though. This site seems to be the ultimate in meaning well but sucking due to software problems.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not to mention I still have like $600 in regular bonus still pending to clear at regular hold em, which is a game I can already win at.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can double dip though. Your regular bonus continues to clear while you do your promo hands.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:22 PM

There were 3 stud and 3 stud hi/lo $1/$2 tables going last night. No problems here.