Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 01-25-2005, 08:45 AM

Default hand from $10+1 NLHE on Stars last night

Hi everyone this is my 1st post so hope you can help.I busted out of this tourney an a very funny hand,there was a guy to my left who has been gambling all game and getting lucky,(the rail bird are going crazy giving it to him),Anyway I was in SB with As 8s so i completed the blind,as I expected BB raised to 800,I thought for a while and went allin assuming he was stealing turned out he was but he called anyway for all his chips bar about 1000 with Qs 4s we both flopped a pair me 8's him 4's...he turned 2 pair and i'm out!!Can anyone explain this to me,the guy was spouting all game to the railbirds 'you can't just play AA'I know this and make my fair share of moves and bluffs but surely there is a better spot for him to gamble it up...Can anyone guess was he was thinking...It sure wasnt that he was AHEAD!!
Old 01-25-2005, 09:58 AM

Default Re: hand from $10+1 NLHE on Stars last night

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone guess was he was thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Gamboooooooool"

"Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!"

OR

depending on how many chips you had, how many he had, what the blinds were, how many were left, etc. etc. etc.:

...A complete in the SB is weak. Let's see if I can push this guy out. Hmm, didn't work, and the guy must have a hand, but I have the proper odds to call here and/or not calling leaves me crippled so I'll call and hope to be a 3-2 dog.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Re: hand from $10+1 NLHE on Stars last night

BB was 200 he had 5000 i had 4000 plenty of better opportunities.I know completing SB was weak but this was a reckless player and I did think a while before i pushed.If i raised him he would have probably reraised me maybe allin and i can't call anyway.