Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Why I play on Party (no content)

Strangely enough, I've seen it happen twice in a B&M where the board counterfieted a low pocket pair, the player holding the pair exposes his hand at showdown and the opponent mucks.

Last time was just a couple of weekends ago in a 2/5 NLHE game at the Borg.

Paul
Old 01-24-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (7 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kc Qc (full house, queens full of nines).
MP3 has Jh Th (flush, queen high).
Outcome: Hero wins 19 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Funnily enough, other than the river raise/cap, this wasn't trememdously awful by villian. I would have folded pre-flop and raised the flop, but those are much closer than the river raise.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:17 PM

This is another one from yesterday that I found hilarious. Not so much the hand, but the chat that happened after:

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, BB folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, MP2 folds.

River: (8.66 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 10.66 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 10.66 BB, between Hero and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="#FFFFFF">Pot won by Hero (10.66 BB).</font>

Hero has Jh Ah (one pair, aces).
Button has Tc Ac (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.66 BB. </font>

Button: i'm loving u fuc.kers rivering me every time
Hero: I had the best hand on every street, tho
Button: no you didn't
Hero: you paired the ace
Hero: I won on kickers
Hero: erego, I was winning all the way
Button: wrong
Hero: blame the software then
Hero: that's what said it
Button: [audible silence which lasted the rest of the session]

Note the eerie similarities between the above and the dialogue between King Arthur and the Black Knight.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:32 PM

Well, at least he didn't call you with "J high!"
Old 01-24-2005, 09:43 PM

yeah, playing no limit on party the other night, I raise preflop with AK of diamonds. Flop is 10 j 3, two diamonds. I have a gutshot straight, plus flush draw. Turn is the queen of hearts, giving me the nut straight. River is a diamond. Some guy with a pair of queens accuses me of "rivering" him. DOH!
Old 01-24-2005, 09:44 PM

I bet he put you KQ.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:39 PM

Wouldn't he have to put me on something like 76s?
Old 01-24-2005, 10:51 PM

where's your flop raise?

why is it funny/cool that this "suckout" artist left your table?

if you had an ace, when would YOU start to give credit for the fourth jack?

are you sure they weren't laughing at the shear ridiculousness of the hand?
Old 01-25-2005, 05:33 AM

In my opponent's defense, I had been doing my share of bet-folding prior to this:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (6 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

SB has 5c 5d (full house, kings full of nines).
Hero has Ah Kd (four of a kind, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 12 BB. </font>

. . . So maybe I picked up a couple of bets on this hand with those previous folds, if my opponent had been paying attention. But I also think this hand shows the dangers of the bet-fold line, on Party 2/4.

Edit: (I guess maybe my opponent thought it was an obviously split pot that he might be able to buy.)