Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2005, 02:09 PM

Default low pocket overpair - play this any better?

I'm sure I missed some value here somewhere...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (13 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, CO folds.

Final Pot: 15 BB
Old 01-15-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: low pocket overpair - play this any better?

i think i'd 3-bet the flop and lead the turn, there are a lot of cards you don't wanna see -- i'd try and get the BB and the button out of there asap. given the way you played it, i find raise on the river for sure.

peace - jeff
Old 01-15-2005, 02:31 PM

3-betting the flop isn't necessary, but your hand only looks better on the turn, lead the betting here.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:41 PM

I would check/raise the flop to try to knock out BB and MP1 which will help protect your hand.

I would lead the turn here, you've probably got the best hand here and you don't want to give a free card.

You played this river too passively. CO checked meaning he doesn't have an overpair and Button's bet is probably just a 6 or 7 that backed into a fullhouse. Throw a raise in there somewhere.