Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 01-09-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Hmm 44 Hand

I posted in CO as you can see. Never seen villian before. Looked like a good table though.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero (poster) calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2.70 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (4.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="blue">Hero...?</font>

A) How did I play this hand pre-river?
B) How many river bets will you go online?
C) How many river bets will you go live (where there is no cap on the betting)?

Thanks a bunch.

Brad
Old 01-09-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Hmm 44 Hand

fold pre flop
cap the river
never really played live
I just realized something....you posted. So I guess your call of the raise was fine. Why did you post?
Old 01-09-2005, 05:35 PM

hey shill

Preflop call is fine, but you knew that. Your good table seems kind of tight though, but that happens occasionally at these tables, as im finding out to my chagrin.

The turn call is entirely situational. If UTG suspects you as being somewhat lag since you posted, he may be slowplaying a big ace. Or, he could have checked through his big pair since you may have defended your post with any ace. Or, he could have KQs and think his hand is good. fwiw, i probably fold the turn most of the time.

On the river, i would raise and call a 3 bet without a read. Same in a B&amp;M, but you already know im a big wuss.

why do you post all your hands here? We like you in SS, you can post them there too.

peace

john nickle
Old 01-09-2005, 05:38 PM

Shill,

Preflop is easy if BB will come along, and reasonably easy even if he doesn't. You're getting 4.4:1 which is enough if he'll pay off, and most will.

Turn play is interesting. Folding could be OK but if he'll bet KQs into you thinking K-high is the best hand, then I'd probably call, because he'll have KQo and KQs a certain portion of the time. I don't know if he'll have those as much as TT-KK here, but whatever. This might be a good time to call the turn and fold the river UI, because he'll often bet KQs on the turn but will almost never bet it on the river.

Now that I wrote that up, I realize I'm just calling if he 3-bets, because he's not going to 3-bet with AK or JJ or QQ very often at all.

Rob
Old 01-09-2005, 05:42 PM

"I'm capping the river here online, but live I'd probably call his 3-bet because if I'm 5-bet I'm always beat."

Exactly my initial though.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I'm capping the river here online, but live I'd probably call his 3-bet because if I'm 5-bet I'm always beat."

Exactly my initial though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I changed my mind, though. Read my edit. Putting this guy on a hand here is tough.

Rob
Old 01-09-2005, 05:51 PM

Yeah the turn play is interesting. Cases can be made for raising/calling/folding. I chose to play this hand rather meekly since he was an unknown. I called the turn with the intention of folding to a river bet (since he might take a shot at it with KJ or whatever and check the river if I call his semibluff).

I capped the river knowning that I could not get 5-bet (I would have called a 3-bet live). I now think that making it 4-bets is the wrong play online or live. He had AA.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:53 PM

you still havent told me why you post your hands here. Not that the discussion is usually that different, but i dont stop by here as often as i used to, and i dont like missing shillX hands.....

peace

john nickle
Old 01-09-2005, 05:59 PM

Haha I dunno probably because I generally only reply to micro posts. My input isn't very important at the SS level. I feel like I can really help a lot of newer players more then those who are about the same/more experienced.

Don't worry, I always catch your posts and try to figure out your n00bish ways in my drunken haze. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'll be really sorry that I posted in micros once all these people move up and start taking my money. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Oh yeah, you pick your 5/10 tables well. Lots of loose/passives there...did you datamine 5/10 BBJ?

Brad
Old 01-09-2005, 06:04 PM

I tend to get suspicious when a PFR (who wasn't 3-bet) doesn't bet the flop heads-up. Actually, I hardly ever see this kind of flop check. But maybe it's not so unusual at 5/10.

Anyway, I'd probably fold the turn, thinking Villain would have fired at the flop with KQ or KJs. And if he has, say, KK-TT instead and was genuinely scared of the ace, then I'm still losing.

On the river, I'd raise. Online, I think I'd go ahead and cap. In a live game, I like what one of the other posters said about not wanting to be faced with a 5-bet. Also, in my B&amp;M experience, people don't value bet the river as aggressively as they do online. Once I get even 3-bet on the river at live $3/6, I start to expect to be shown the nuts or something close to it.