Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2004, 01:12 PM

Default Re: AKo hand, Please Comment

Oh, I agree with you. It's just something to consider. Check-raising is probably a good play, I'd just want to know more about my opponent before I try it.

What is the line if we get 3bet when we c/r?
Old 12-31-2004, 01:56 PM

Arright, how about this:
The only really strong draws are the runner-runner flush and straights, which likely wouldn't have hung around for two on the flop. While protecting your hand here isn't bad, it's not crucial.

Additionally, would you say that Villain would raise alot of hands that we still beat (say AQ), but Villain would only 3-bet a hand that's stronger than ours?
Now this seems a little weak-tight, but why not go for the trap check-raise, and if 3-bet, call then check-fold the river UI? Unless, of course, Villain would 3-bet a big street with something worse then TPTK.

Redd
Old 12-31-2004, 02:01 PM

What if you're not ahead? What if he takes a free card? I think there's too many variables here to try to trap the field for an extra bet. Just bet out, if you get raised, call down, if you don't, lead the river.

[ QUOTE ]
I say you check raise this turn all day, how can you not!?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-31-2004, 02:13 PM

Hello.
my 2 cents-
I feel that straightforward play may be best here, and leading the turn seems to be the way to go. I don't understand why we are giving immediate credit for AJ based on a measly flop raise. while it's possible...it seems far more likely that the ace is a scare card for him and he'll check through which is the last thing we want...so I'd bet and call a raise.
-t
Old 12-31-2004, 02:21 PM

Without reading the replies thus far, I think I check/call and bet/call a non-[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] river.

-d
Old 12-31-2004, 03:08 PM

Brad,

Talk to me about your flop bet. I would bet this too but I pretty much follow the mantra to bet any flop when I raised preflop and everyone else just called. But I have been realizing that there are flops and situations where a bet just isn't going to do any good. Like when you have 4 opponents, bad position, completely miss the flop, and are playing with presumably better than 0.50/1 players. Like here.

Is this an auto bet for you on the flop? What about with AQ or KQ?

On the turn I would check. I'm not sure yet what I would do when it comes back to me.

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-31-2004, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What if you're not ahead? What if he takes a free card? I think there's too many variables here to try to trap the field for an extra bet. Just bet out, if you get raised, call down, if you don't, lead the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

No guarantee, but I think you're usually ahead.. He's a little loose but he raises appx the right % of hands PF, so he limps a little more than he should. That drags down the avg hand I'm expecting to see him coldcall a raise PF with, albeit not a whole lot. AQ AJ ATs KQo KQs KJs JJ TT 99 88 QJs JTs, even T9s.. Some of this stuff you dont wanna see but a lot of it you do. He could have all kinds of drawing hands if it's a loose table and he thinks there'll be some ppl in with him. I checkraise players who raise me all the time. Feign weakness, it works great!
Old 12-31-2004, 03:34 PM

My line's a little different.

The villan's stats are solid enough for me to go for the checkraise. I go for the checkraise on the flop, but with a difference. If the MP1 bets and CO folds, I just call the flop, and go for another CR on the river. Why? If I hit the CR on the flop, I am clearly diagramming AK. If I CR on the river, I could have lots of different hands. I might get a lot of action from MP1. Typically, MP1 will just call my CR. But sometimes, maybe 15% of the time, I can get the river capped.

This play only works if the bettor is to your left and there is a single limper behind him. If anything else is different, I either bet out on the flop or go for the CR, depending on the situation.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:37 PM

Hey Shill. I prefer checking your overcards in a 5 way pot here. The flop is a reasonably good one for you, rainbow and somewhat disconnected. But betting out doesn't really do well to fold hands in this large pot, and is paying off better hands (somebody will have some pair, and you are charging yourself by betting, especially if they raise your bet). If the pot was smaller or if it was 3 or 4 way, I'd be inclined to bet.

You would benefit greatly from a free card here if one was given, and you could possibly check raise the cutoff if it was checked to him and he bet, and would bet a draw here.

The way it went down, MP1 is aggressive postflop and will probably bet the turn again. I would love a checkraise here for value. If he is passive enough to check a jack here when the ace comes down, you need to bet.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:55 PM

the flop bet is close. good board to bet, but lots of opponents. one less opponent and its a good bet. one more opponent and no way. i can live with it.

turn. MP seems reasonably aggressive. i want to check-raise and fold to a 3-bet. tho, i'm not sure if that's a play you want to make against opponents who will notice that.