Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 09-13-2004, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Folding AK preflop 25NL

PP players are notorious for their weak raising standards. I know you're looking at a big early position raise and an early position call already, but shouldn't you be reraising with AKo? I'm not sure, I'd like to know myself whether the right move is to fold or reraise. Comments are appreciated.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:59 AM

Folding AK pf is fine in a situation such as this. I do it often enough when I fear domination by AA or KK. There are plenty of better situations to get your money in. Yes there is a fair chance that you do have the best hand, but why put yourself in a possibly predicament? Wait until you have a good read with situations like this.
Yesterday I laid down JJ in the BB as the button raised 7BB after 3 limpers in a $50 NL 6-max at party. He only had 17BB left in his stack, so I couldn't play the jacks for set value as I expected all the limpers to fold (Which they did). If I'm in a good spot I'm coinflip with him. If I'm in a bad spot I'm huge underdog. If he's a maniac I'm a huge favorite, but given he's an unknown I'd rather wait... I mucked the jacks and moved on.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:41 AM

Even at 10BB, I personally don't understand your play. I mean, yeah it was a bit steep, but you're in good position with, as was stated in an earlier post, no less than about a 47 percent shot. I mean, at the very least I'd get in on the flop and determine play from subsequent action.