Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2004, 09:46 PM

Default 3 hands for your consideration.

3 hands that I debated over with people who were watching me play would be interested in hearing others thoughts.

Hand 1 - blinds 300/600, 2600 chips, 63 left 60 pay, You pick up K-J in the CO and its checked to you the BB has a big stack and is fairly loose.

Hand 2 - blinds 2k/4k, 25k chips, 23 left, You have A-Qs on the button and the CO who has been playing fairly tight pushes all in for 23k.

Hand 3 - blinds 2k/4k 23k chips, 17 left, You have K-Q UTG on an 8-man table that has been playing tight.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:05 PM

Default Re: 3 hands for your consideration.

Hand 1 - I think you mean folded to you in the CO. Push if winning the tourney is your goal. Fold if just making the $$$ is good enough for you.

Hand 2 - FOLD

Hand 3 - Tough hand UTG. I probably fold it.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 1 - blinds 300/600, 2600 chips, 63 left 60 pay, You pick up K-J in the CO and its checked to you the BB has a big stack and is fairly loose. [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
FOLD
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 - blinds 2k/4k, 25k chips, 23 left, You have A-Qs on the button and the CO who has been playing fairly tight pushes all in for 23k. [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
FOLD
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hand 3 - blinds 2k/4k 23k chips, 17 left, You have K-Q UTG on an 8-man table that has been playing tight.

[/ QUOTE ]
PUSH

BTW, there is a player in my fantasy football league w/ the name Golden Horde. Nice post.

Greg H.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:20 PM

Wish it were me i've run a FFL for about 5 years but had someone else take over this year and it looks like its not happening so no FF for me.

And yes I meant folded in Hand 1 but it won't let me edit that post.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:41 PM

Hand 1: I fold. With the amount I have left, and the blinds at 300/600, I am looking for something to "go all in with" and with a loose caller with a big stack in the BB, I want something better than KJ.

Hand 2: Easy fold for me.

Hand 3: I would fold. Too many people in front of me to waste my valuable chips limping and I certainly would not raise or try to steal with KQ and seven people in front of me
Old 09-02-2004, 11:29 PM

Hand 1: Unless you are just looking to sneak into the money, this is a push. You are short stacked and are ahead of three random hands. Even better if the BB is loose and going to call you with anything as you are in a good position to double up.

Hand 2: If he has been playing tight I fold this. At best you are a coin flip and could be way behind to his AK, AA, KK and QQ which he has probably been sitting there waiting for.

Hand 3: Easy push for me. Blinds are too high to not make steal attempts and KQ is a good hand to go for it.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

Pto
Old 09-03-2004, 12:18 AM

Hand 1: Easy push. You want those blinds. If the BB is loose he can call you with a hand like QJ/JT which is great news.

Hand 2: This is the toughest one. Itīs tempting to call but as another poster here said you can only hope for a coinflip and thatīs not good.

Hand 3: Go all-in even though I hate pushing UTG with a weak hand and the whole table behind. Someone usually finds a hand and youīre in a bad spot - guaranteed. I still think itīs the right move here according to the high blinds.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 - blinds 300/600, 2600 chips, 63 left 60 pay, You pick up K-J in the CO and its checked to you the BB has a big stack and is fairly loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

No-Brainer...Push

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 - blinds 2k/4k, 25k chips, 23 left, You have A-Qs on the button and the CO who has been playing fairly tight pushes all in for 23k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very tough decision...I don't think you could really make a huge mistake in this situation...I fold, personally.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are about to pay T-6000 in blinds (25% of your stack). I'd really be looking at the pay schedule right now...If a couple of places makes a substantial difference in my pay-out, I might opt to fold here. Other than some extreme circumstances, however, I push.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:40 AM

I can't believe how weak tight some of these players are. I would push here in all three. The only one that is a little close is the KQ UTG hand. I could probably be convinced to fold if the structure has some big increases in the next couple spots.

KJ in the CO on the bubble...this is like free money. You probably have the best hand and you will likely not get called.

AQs after a CO w/ <6x open raises?? Jesus people, are we waiting for AA every hand? You should be killing his range of hands here.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AQs after a CO w/ <6x open raises?? Jesus people, are we waiting for AA every hand? You should be killing his range of hands here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I based my decision on the OP's read that the guy had been very tight up to this point. If I had watched this guy go 3 rounds without VPIP, then he pushes 6x in front of me, I'd probably fold (as I suggested) and pick a better spot. That's what makes it a difficult decision, IMO. Against an average player or without a decent read, I would agree with you.

--Casey