Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-28-2005, 09:30 PM

Default Re: KQo with maniac on board

What about raising the river? It's arguable that the correct play from SB's point of view is to fold his flush if it comes 2 more back to him. If he knows hero is TAG, then his raise plus a 3-bet from the maniac may be enough to convince him that his flush is no good. Of course, had hero 3-bet the turn, it'd be a lot more convincing that he has a boat. Whether this will work depends on whether or not SB even has the ability to lay down a flush (something which many of the PP 15 players do not have).

On second thought, though, someone who's willing to call that many bets on a paired board with a flush draw cannot possibly be able to fold a flush for any number of bets on the river, so maybe I don't know WTF I'm talking about.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:52 PM

Default Re: KQo with maniac on board

Sorry, raising the river won't work here. If the SB has any sense at all, he'll know that the maniac's aggression is meaningless, so he won't fold a flush even if it's two bets back to him. Doing anything but calling in this situation doesn't make any sense to me.